SOX ALDS ROSTER

ChiSox59

1 minute ago, WookiesOnRitalin said:

His pitching quality (or lack thereof) is not in contention. 

The fact that the club is paying him 18 million dollars is the shocking reason. Your highest paid pitcher is sitting for the playoffs. A guy you went out and spent $55 million on is not going to contribute to your playoff run. 

Nice work FO. 

Who cares man?  Its part of doing business.  You want to be a good team? You have to sign players in FA.  Sometimes they don't work out.  Every good team has a bad contract or two, and if Dallas is the only one the Sox have, they're doing ok.

He'll be the #5 for a portion of next year and if he sucks, they'll release him and then they're done paying him. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, WookiesOnRitalin said:

The fact that the club is paying him 18 million dollars is the shocking reason. Your highest paid pitcher is sitting for the playoffs. A guy you went out and spent $55 million on is not going to contribute to your playoff run. 

Nice work FO. 

IDC how much he makes.  Just because he makes a lot doesn't mean he should be on the roster.  Hopefully we can dump him in the offseason for some salary relief (my goal).

2 minutes ago, Quin said:

As someone that didn't catch a lot of Romy in September, is his defense the likely reason for Mendick getting picked over him?

Danny's defense is better for the MIF but I would much rather have Romy pinch hit than Danny. Let's just hope we don't need any dickman pinch hitting anyway 

4 minutes ago, WookiesOnRitalin said:

Nice work FO. 

And the pitcher they traded for in the offseason for a prospect who didn't do much this season, is their game 1 starter. And they signed him to an extension. Nice work FO. 

• Like 2

What's crazy is when you think of headlining trades back to do this rebuild its the Sale, Quintana and Eaton trades. 

All of the headline players played apart in this team: 

Sale: Moncada, Kopech

Quintana: Eloy and Cease

Eaton: Giolito, Lopez with Dunning being traded for Lynn. 

Holy Shit did the White Sox do good on those trades. 

Edited by kwill
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Harry Chappas said:

The White Sox are not pinch hitting for anyone in this series so the bench will not be used.

Leury will start in right today so they needed an infielder.

I think Rodon will get game three and if he is not 100% Keuchel will replace him in this series thus an option in game 4 or 5 if needed. 

Given the importance of defense in a pitchers duel, I certainly hope Leury isn't starting in RF today.

I love Romy but Danny has proven he can provide good infield defense. Sox tried to play Romy all over, he'll have a longer career, but neither of those guys are in there for the bat. Not terribly surprised. With Hamilton making roster and Engel back, Leury can be mostly the backup infield anyway.

Just now, Tnetennba said:

Pleasantly surprised Keuchel isn't on the roster.  Glad the FO didn't ignore recent results over contract and past experience.

same. It was clear his value was nill when he stunk it up in bullpen. The only thing with Keuchel I still believe in is he can reinvent himself still, but it will have to be in the offseason. He's always worked within the margins though, and it may be he lost too much for guile to make up.

4 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

"There was another spot to fill" was the reason Mendick was added to the playoff roster.

It's smart to have a backup middle infielder in case of an injury. Mendick / Romy at this stage is a coin flip, he's only coming in for an unexpected injury.

This was the best roster possible, at this stage with the current known performance and health status of those on and off the roster.

18 minutes ago, WookiesOnRitalin said:

Nice work FO. 

personally I think it's rad that we have a team that didn't end up needing a 55 mill free agent.

• Like 1

Just now, maloney.adam said:

That’s why 2nd base and RF are going to be our top priorities in the offseason. Even though Garcia has been good down the stretch, he’s really only a utility guy off the bench and Engel you can’t rely on him being fully healthy. 

According to TLR Garcia is NOT a utility guy. Take it back. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Given the importance of defense in a pitchers duel, I certainly hope Leury isn't starting in RF today.

I posted in the game thread asking if Hamilton could hit left handed would he start in LF?

Need to get as many LHH hitters in the lineup as the White Sox RHH are susceptible to that slider.