SOX ALDS ROSTER

ChiSox59

Just now, RibbieRubarb said:

And why didn't the pitchers throw perfect games every time and go 32-0!??!?

Yes. Because "It would have been nice to win 2 more games" is such an unreasonable request that it is tantamount to demanding perfect games every day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

Yes. Because "It would have been nice to win 2 more games" is such an unreasonable request that it is tantamount to demanding perfect games every day.

I think so...same level of worry that we can go back and change it and the current situation.

Edited by RibbieRubarb
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

I just don’t  understand how Mendicjk wasn't good enough to be on the 28 man roster at the end of the season, but is good enough when it drops to 26. No big deal really, but odd.

Five game series requires less pitching theoretically.  It’s possible he’s not on the roster for the ALCS if we make it there.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Five game series requires less pitching theoretically.  It’s possible he’s not on the roster for the ALCS if we make it there.

I wonder if Abreu affected the choice of player also. If Vaughn/Sheets have to play 1b, that takes them out of an OF/DH spot and leaves them with a depleted bench for a day or two.

2 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Taxi squad included in this tweet. If a player is replaced within the ALDS, they cannot reappear until the World Series.

Wow! Was there a single person here that had Mendick? The pitchers are right. I would not have excluded Goodwin for Mendick. Goodwin has a 124 OPS+ against RHP! 

1 hour ago, South Side Hit Men said:

It's smart to have a backup middle infielder in case of an injury. Mendick / Romy at this stage is a coin flip, he's only coming in for an unexpected injury.

This was the best roster possible, at this stage with the current known performance and health status of those on and off the roster.

I get the impression that the only reason some want Romy is because he is not Mendick.

26 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I wonder if Abreu affected the choice of player also. If Vaughn/Sheets have to play 1b, that takes them out of an OF/DH spot and leaves them with a depleted bench for a day or two.

This is the only explanation I can think of. It wasn't even like he was a coach's pet or favorite throughout the season or anything. I honestly did a double-take when I saw Mendick. 

1 hour ago, asindc said:

I get the impression that the only reason some want Romy is because he is not Mendick.

Romy had an extraordinary year, providing offense at similar levels and ages that far surpassed what Mendick did in minors. He then came up and still hit for a 91 wRC+...almost 30% better than Mendick this year.

So I don't think it's that, but I sympathize with sox. Romy moving up 3 levels in a year and playing in playoffs is a lot.