ALDS Game 4 - HOU @ CWS - 1:07 pm CDT

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Thanks, last night was pretty intense. Hoping the crowd shows up the same. Got home at like 1am, up for work at 7. Great game but pace of play improvements would be nice.

I'll be there too in the bleachers. Would have been awesome to be there last night but man, getting home at 1am would have sucked haha

4 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

I'll be there too in the bleachers. Would have been awesome to be there last night but man, getting home at 1am would have sucked haha

Not sure exactly what time we got home and I’m hungover like crazy but can’t wait to get back out there today.  

• Like 1
  • Fire 2

Tough call on the rain today. Hopefully the Rate is packed again. TLR and the players all said the crowd really helped them. 

Everyone other than Gio has to be available today. 

Got to get to that 5th game any way possible and then anything can happen.

Edited by brijames1957
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Rowand44 said:

Not sure exactly what time we got home and I’m hungover like crazy but can’t wait to get back out there today.  

I was on the first Red Line home after the last pitch and got home around 12:15, buzzed and happy. Woke up at 5 am to work from home for a while before today's game.

Edited by Dick Allen

Sox should plan to use an opener today.  No chance Rodon can go the distance, hell I set the over under at 3 and two thirds, so  why risk it?

If the game ultimately gets played tomorrow I don't think Lucas starts, and you don't really want to go with Lynn against them again.

Let Reynaldo or Crochet worry about being ready for an unknown start time.  

I think Carlos is going to surprise us all, showing that Sox have been playing games with the media this whole time.  I'm not saying he didn't have shoulder soreness, but this idea that he's going to come out in a home playoff game throwing 90-91 is likely bullshit.  I refuse to believe he went all out in his last start when his velo was down...it was a tune-up.  I think he's going to come out and shove for 80-90 pitches, showing us that Cy Young stuff.  Most on this board were saying that Carlos would have to have a phantom injury late in the season in order to manage his IP.  Next thing we know, he's on the shelf for a month after not really showing any signs of injury in his last start.  

6 minutes ago, Marqhead said:

Storms look just scattered enough that I bet they're going to try and get it in. Here's hoping there aren't any extended delays. Home late last night but excited to be out there for round 2!

looks like the majority of it, is staying out west. I'm no weatherman though

the one thing that worries me about this being PPD is they throw McCullers out there tomorrow. Although I suppose I would rather the Sox face him at the Rate than in a hypothetical Game 5 in Houston

Edited by TheTruth05

5 minutes ago, staxxington said:

looks like the majority of it, is staying out west. I'm no weatherman though

If there's one thing that's always 100% accurate, it's the weather.com "future" radar that shows amorphous blobs. According to that, your observation is spot on.

47 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Gotta get 5 strong from Rodon today.  Can't expect to win a playoff series with all 4 starting pitchers shitting the bed.  

No kidding. Their greatest strength has turned into a weakness

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mmmmmbeeer said:

I think Carlos is going to surprise us all, showing that Sox have been playing games with the media this whole time.  I'm not saying he didn't have shoulder soreness, but this idea that he's going to come out in a home playoff game throwing 90-91 is likely bullshit.  I refuse to believe he went all out in his last start when his velo was down...it was a tune-up.  I think he's going to come out and shove for 80-90 pitches, showing us that Cy Young stuff.  Most on this board were saying that Carlos would have to have a phantom injury late in the season in order to manage his IP.  Next thing we know, he's on the shelf for a month after not really showing any signs of injury in his last start.  

I think its highly unlikely the Sox were playing games in the media as going so would/will  negatively impact Rodon's free agency.  Which they certainly have.  I too hope he shows electric stuff tonight, but he showed plenty of signs of injury in his last start.  His was sitting 89-91 on the FB and was a flyball machine.  That is nothing like he was in April/May/early June. Can that version still be effective?  His last start would indicate yes, but his shoulder clearly isn't what it was. 

Edited by ChiSox59

16 minutes ago, Marqhead said:

Storms look just scattered enough that I bet they're going to try and get it in. Here's hoping there aren't any extended delays. Home late last night but excited to be out there for round 2!

They’ll definitely try to get this in.  That being said, I’d plan for a delay mid game, with Rodon throwing however many innings he can beforehand and Lynn throwing whatever he can afterwards.  Bullpen fills the gaps and Liam goes two today if needed.

4 minutes ago, bmags said:

@flavum need your weather thoughts

Ha! I don’t know, man! Looks pretty rough all afternoon. They may be there all day and night to get a window here and there.

A rule I would like- division series, you have to use four different starters the first four games. No short rest. No opener bullshit. But I digress…

Go Sox!!

19 minutes ago, mmmmmbeeer said:

If thats true ill call for the entire coaching staff to be fired as he should have been our game 1 or 2 starter.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, flavum said:

Ha! I don’t know, man! Looks pretty rough all afternoon. They may be there all day and night to get a window here and there.

A rule I would like- division series, you have to use four different starters the first four games. No short rest. No opener bullshit. But I digress…

Go Sox!!

Elaborate? 

• knightni changed the title to ALDS Game 4 - HOU @ CWS - 1:07 pm CDT
  • raBBit unpinned this topic