ALDS Game 4 - HOU @ CWS - 1:07 pm CDT

1 minute ago, RibbieRubarb said:

I can always count on Soxtalk acting like a good White Sox team is actually a 100 loss team. And all wins were based on luck and departed players.

I loved the progress they made, the "next man up" attitude to overcome injuries that would have devastated a lesser team, and the emergence of some elite young hitters and pitchers.

But, so many here will bask in the glow of their "I told ya so's" and pretend to be fans while rooting for negative outcomes.

I guess congrats are in order for you. 

2020...Wild Card.
2021...Division. 

Next step...League Champ.

Keep moving forward.

Yep

Just now, chw42 said:

I mean game 2 alone was probably lost due to shitty managing, so I don't think that's too much of a reach.

Shitty managing yes but they gave up 9 runs. Not like it was a 5-4 loss. Pitching staff has given up 27 runs in 4 games. You can't win that way.

Just now, SoxAce said:

Hahn was another problem as well. His deadline acquisitions minus Tepera have all not panned out. How you can not get an impact bat for this team is baffling to me.

This is fair as well. He attempted to upgrade the team at the deadline and failed, pretty badly infact. 

Just now, SoxAce said:

Hahn was another problem as well. His deadline acquisitions minus Tepera have all not panned out. How you can not get a bat for this team is baffling to me.

Of course he was an issue.  He should be embarrassed about the last few months, including the deadline.

Just now, SoxAce said:

Hahn was another problem as well. His deadline acquisitions minus Tepera have all not panned out. How you can not get an impact bat for this team is baffling to me.

The FO was basically banking on Robert and Eloy. Robert exceeded expectations, but Eloy took a massive step back. Still, that doesn't negate the massive hole we had in RF. 

2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I mean game 2 alone was probably lost due to shitty managing, so I don't think that's too much of a reach.

Yup. Then throw in "recognizing Lynn's splits in Houston" as another place where the White Sox failed to use leverage, and the White Sox should have taken at least 1 game in Houston and coaching gave that away.

Today - I really would like to know how this would have gone had they gotten Tepera up (or Lynn), rather than Kopech, and went to Tepera against Correa when it was clear Rodon had given all he had. No guarantees, but this could have been a different game too.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

If the Sox fired TLR, I’d love It. But I think we’re talking about like 5% chance. More likely he decides the grind isn’t for him anymore And he gracefully steps Away. Even if Sox wanted him gone, that’s how he’d go. 

Make TLR manager emeritus.  Doesn’t travel with the team.  Sits/naps on the bench, and lets the bench coach manage the games.

1 minute ago, almagest said:

Shitty managing yes but they gave up 9 runs. Not like it was a 5-4 loss. Pitching staff has given up 27 runs in 4 games. You can't win that way.

Shitty managing is what made it from a 5-4 game into a 9-4 blow out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tony said:

Again, I don't want to be lectured by you. You've spent years spewing absolute drunken nonsense on this board and we've all put up with it. 

So I don't want to hear from you about post quality. 

Then don’t start shit with me or anyone else, as a mod - your supposed to be better than that.

And still, you keep up the personal attacks - this time towards someone who hasn’t had a drop of alcohol in years.

You brought attention to yourself Tony - so you’re getting it. Be better.

Just now, Balta1701 said:

Yup. Then throw in "recognizing Lynn's splits in Houston" as another place where the White Sox failed to use leverage, and the White Sox should have taken at least 1 game in Houston and coaching gave that away.

Today - I really would like to know how this would have gone had they gotten Tepera up (or Lynn), rather than Kopech, and went to Tepera against Correa when it was clear Rodon had given all he had. No guarantees, but this could have been a different game too.

So would I....so would I

3 minutes ago, RibbieRubarb said:

I can always count on Soxtalk acting like a good White Sox team is actually a 100 loss team. And all wins were based on luck and departed players.

I loved the progress they made, the "next man up" attitude to overcome injuries that would have devastated a lesser team, and the emergence of some elite young hitters and pitchers.

But, so many here will bask in the glow of their "I told ya so's" and pretend to be fans while rooting for negative outcomes.

2020...Wild Card.
2021...Division. 

Keep moving forward.

I like this. Next year is the start of the world series contention window. It's the revenge tour.

Just now, RibbieRubarb said:

2020...Wild Card.
2021...Division. 

Keep moving forward.

This team did great this year.

It's infuriating because they could have been better with what they have. Balta has his running list of real obvious blunders by TLR. The team coasted in the second half. 

BUT, TLR was here for October. That was all we were told about. It's why we didn't hire Hinch (who did a great job with Detroit) or go after Bochy. And he's gotten his ass whooped by Dusty Baker.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

For sure it would have been a different game.  Needed to go with the veterans.

Just now, JuliusO1274 said:

Their offense has been dead in the 2 and what looks like 3rd game they've lost. How do you blame TLR for that?

So you're saying that they are unmotivated and unfocused? Hmmmm, seems like some coaching staff issues.

You can definitely hang 2b and RF on the front office, I'm ok with that part.

Just now, Quin said:

This team did great this year.

It's infuriating because they could have been better with what they have. Balta has his running list of real obvious blunders by TLR. The team coasted in the second half. 

BUT, TLR was here for October. That was all we were told about. It's why we didn't hire Hinch (who did a great job with Detroit) or go after Bochy. And he's gotten his ass whooped by Dusty Baker.

To be fair, Dusty may have single handedly given the White Sox game 3.

• Like 1

• raBBit unpinned this topic