Rick Hahn 2021 End of Season Press Conference

South Side Hit Men

33 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Is Andrew Vaughn really that much more major league ready?  He posted a 94 wRC+ vs. Lux’s 91 wRC+ last year.  If you narrow the window, Vaughn put up a 134 wRC+ in July before slowing down, while Lux put up a 162 wRC+ in Sep/Oct.  Honestly, I’d give Vaughn some edge, but I’m not sure I’d consider them massively different from a readiness standpoint as both are wild cards heading into the 2022 season.

Lux skyrocketed to a top 5/10 prospect  going into 2020.  But since that time, he's had 2 stints in the majors (his 2nd and 3rd stints) and none of the 3 have gone terribly well. He's also had problems making contact.  Vaughn had issues, but he's been up only 1 season (versus 3) and also had a pretty significant position change.  I don't know who's better, but I think the bloom is off the Lux rose,  and if the Sox like him, they should be able to get him for less.

Edited by GreenSox

6 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Nobody responded to anything reasonable I posted today so that's what I thought. 

People have been ignoring my posts lately as well. I chalk it up to my posts being too intellectual and big brained for some to understand. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, ron883 said:

People have been ignoring my posts lately as well. I chalk it up to my posts being too intellectual and big brained for some to understand. 

Is this words in the English or if some other lungage of higher set of minds? No understanding for me… so me not likes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, ron883 said:

Sure, that’s the ticket.

"I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me."    Just keep repeating that to yourself.

32 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Some people have nothing better to do than to be upset others are having fun.

What!!!! How dare you!!!! That is so unfair. Making assumptions and blanket statements like this is against board policies and I expect you to reprimand yourself!!!!

The gall.

Edited by hi8is

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Most insightful things we’ve seen directly stated so far…

"Essentially, it's a contract offer of $18.4 million for one (year)," White Sox general manager Rick Hahn said Tuesday at the GM meetings in Southern California. "And we made the assessment based on everything we know, which includes our needs and our other targets, that that wasn't an offer we were comfortable making at this time."

And then…

"He was outstanding for us. ... That specific contract was not offered to him. Doesn't mean we're not interested in potentially finding a way to bring him back."

Edited by hi8is