NFTs

Heads22

1 hour ago, Heads22 said:

So, MLB is starting to drop some of their own tomorrow - anyone going after that? Anyone doing Top Shot or anything of the like?

I have a bunch of different stuff. Sports wise I have 1 wooden something from the first MLB Topps thing happened and then I have a bunch of Topshot moments. Best advice I can give is that 1) only buy what you can lose and 2) if you want to be profitable only buy packs.

A lot of it makes no sense because its filled with crypto people with limited sports knowledge. My biggest shock when I joined TS was seeing Tom Satoransky moments going for hundreds of dollars. 

I guess Candy is dropping some today. I just signed up. Seems its $50 for a pack. 

(edit)

Topshot is also dropping archive packs, they are going to be tricky to get unless you have a pretty big collection. If you want to get started the have some common packs for cheap, but you missed out on the free Wade moment.

Edited by Soxbadger

On 11/1/2021 at 6:26 AM, hi8is said:

I still don’t understand the NFT craze and it makes me feel old.

15 hours ago, CentralChamps21 said:

I understand the basic concept, but what I don't understand is this: If everybody is creating and selling NFTs, won't most of the devalue?

Most of it is probably worthless. I have no idea why people spend thousands of dollars on some of stuff.

The only thing Ive really spent time on is the NBA one. To me its like collecting cards, except for I dont have to worry about their rating. Im not sure if they will ever have value, but if you limit yourself to the $10-$20 packs you probably arent going to lose much either. From the last $19 pack there were a few that sold within the week for $10,000+. The most expensive was Lebron #23 (the moment is of his first game winner ever), it went for $40,000.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Soxbadger said:

Most of it is probably worthless. I have no idea why people spend thousands of dollars on some of stuff.

The only thing Ive really spent time on is the NBA one. To me its like collecting cards, except for I dont have to worry about their rating. Im not sure if they will ever have value, but if you limit yourself to the $10-$20 packs you probably arent going to lose much either. From the last $19 pack there were a few that sold within the week for $10,000+. The most expensive was Lebron #23 (the moment is of his first game winner ever), it went for $40,000.

Can I haz $40,000?

• 4 weeks later...

I just was in a long conversation about this and other what I'm calling "faith based investments". To me it all fits into art. A painting doesn't have much material value, just the exclusivity of having it. Same with digital investments. 

If I was younger I'd consider putting 10% or so in NFTs, crypto, etc. But my current glide path doesn't have much room for pure speculation beyond some single stock purchases to augment my ETFs and Mutual Funds.

• 2 weeks later...

Not long ago, I sounded like most on this thread but if you are at a point in your life where you want the opportunity to create generational wealth (NFA), I suggest you do some research on the Metaverse, NFT's, Blockchain, etc.  There are definitely some projects that will end up worthless but many are not.  It's much bigger than you think.  Everyone of us will be using an NFT for nearly everything in 10+ years.  Art, music, event tickets, real estate, etc.  It's not just people that got rich on crypto and are paying insane amounts of money for things because they can (ok, some of it is).  

Soon, you will buy your ticket on an app and if that event becomes historical (no hitter, world series, etc), you can turn that into an NFT which will be authenticated on the blockchain and if you want, you can sell it and prove it's real.  Further off, NFT's will also be authenticated for physical items so fashion, art, etc. ensuring uniqueness and ownership.  Think of it as a digital version of an upper deck authentication.  

Two of the biggest industries in the world in the future may have to do with NFT's.  One being video gaming and play to earn (which already happens in gaming) but this would be more advanced.  Another is NFT's within real estate.  Think of a group wanting to build a commercial building and instead of going to a bank, they provide you with an NFT asset (could be anything, a rare version of a song, a piece of art, etc.) and they tokenize their project where the people are the owners, not the banks.  

Think about the opportunity of you tokenizing your own house/equity on the blockchain to generate cash flow because that will happen in the future.  If you'd like, you can provide the token holders with an NFT asset as a cushion to create trust and partnership.  Everything will be automated and digital, even more than it is now.  

It's big enough that they are no longer ignoring it and have met about it this week with the government. 

Edited by Chi Town Sox

15 minutes ago, Chi Town Sox said:

Not long ago, I sounded like most on this thread but if you are at a point in your life where you want the opportunity to create generational wealth (NFA), I suggest you do some research on the Metaverse, NFT's, Blockchain, etc.  There are definitely some projects that will end up worthless but many are not.  It's much bigger than you think.  Everyone of us will be using an NFT for nearly everything in 10+ years.  Art, music, event tickets, real estate, etc.  It's not just people that got rich on crypto and are paying insane amounts of money for things because they can (ok, some of it is).  

Soon, you will buy your ticket on an app and if that event becomes historical (no hitter, world series, etc), you can turn that into an NFT which will be authenticated on the blockchain and if you want, you can sell it and prove it's real.  Further off, NFT's will also be authenticated for physical items so fashion, art, etc. ensuring uniqueness and ownership.  Think of it as a digital version of an upper deck authentication.  

Two of the biggest industries in the world in the future may have to do with NFT's.  One being video gaming and play to earn (which already happens in gaming) but this would be more advanced.  Another is NFT's within real estate.  Think of a group wanting to build a commercial building and instead of going to a bank, they provide you with an NFT asset (could be anything, a rare version of a song, a piece of art, etc.) and they tokenize their project where the people are the owners, not the banks.  

Think about the opportunity of you tokenizing your own house/equity on the blockchain to generate cash flow because that will happen in the future.  If you'd like, you can provide the token holders with an NFT asset as a cushion to create trust and partnership.  Everything will be automated and digital, even more than it is now.  

It's big enough that they are no longer ignoring it and have met about it this week with the government. 

What are your token picks for the NFTs? Just curious.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2021 at 10:59 AM, southsider2k5 said:

What are your token picks for the NFTs? Just curious.

Honestly, I only have one right now. Cronos Chimp Club and it has a lot of promise. It’s Crypto.com’s first NFT on their Defi Wallet. According to their roadmap, they plan to get celebs involved and have some involvement with the metaverse. 

They came out about a month ago, the floor on Sunday morning was 3,000 CRO, that came down to about 2,000 CRO right now with CRO dipping. Many think crypto.com will end up being the biggest exchange in the world so these are expected to gain a lot of traction over the next year.