The MLB lockout is lifted!

southsider2k5

Just now, pcq said:

Just bring back my Margaritas on the OF concourse and no one gets hurt. They were selling lemonade last year that was barely spiked for $13.

We need to be risk-on this year. I want the margarita aisle vendors to just serve people by holding the nozzle in our mouths until we puke it back up.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, JoeC said:

Yeah... because we were all heaping praise at how affordable going to the ballpark has been, and how stable the pricing has been for years now.

I don't think I ever said that, I'm an old fart who remembers when Bleacher seats were a dollar, General Admission 1.25 and Box Seats way up there at 2.50. Hot Dogs and soda pop was 25 cents and a bag of peanuts 15 cents.

Edited by The Mighty Mite

16 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

I don't think I ever said that, I'm an old fart who remembers when Bleacher seats were a dollar, General Admission 1.25 and Box Seats way up there at 2.50. Hot Dogs and soda pop was 25 cents and a bag of peanuts 15 cents.

I remember those days fondly.   Those were the days that the players had something to bi*** about.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Yeah, just making the point that costs are skyrocketing constantly, and it's just a constant in professional sports.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Not really sure why some people are super optimistic all of sudden. Seeing the same tenor over at some other general MLB discussion areas online. I think it's cope frankly.  Yea they are talking, no this doesn't mean the season is going to start anytime soon. 

Feeling optimistic makes you feel better than being pessimistic does.  Much easier on you physically and mentally IMO.  Kind of like fooling yourself into feeling good.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bmags said:

If you knew nothing other than the date you should be more optimistic if this being resolved sooner than you felt 2 weeks ago

Why? Because it's "start losing revenue time"? How about this: if the owners were worried about losing some game revenue, why didn't they start negotiating in earnest until games were actually in danger of being cancelled?

Hint: because they aren't worried about losing games.

5 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Why? Because it's "start losing revenue time"? How about this: if the owners were worried about losing some game revenue, why didn't they start negotiating in earnest until games were actually in danger of being cancelled?

Hint: because they aren't worried about losing games.

If teams really wanted to improve their teams why didn’t they start trading in June and get greater impact for the season?

HINT