The MLB lockout is lifted!

southsider2k5

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

The money difference now, at least the legit legal dollars, are practically not different between current structure and the draft.

i think the legit dollars is the key phrase. Again my supposition.

5 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Where have we heard this before?

In further tweet, Jesse Rogers stated that MLB is offering the options:
1) Sign the CBA, eliminating the draft pick compensation and take some time to evaluate the international draft.  If the union won't implement by '24, the CBA can be reopened
2) Do the entire package without draft and no draft pick compensation
3) Take the original deal.  League gets the international draft and draft pick compensation is eliminated

What's not clear is what deal they're referring to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tnetennba said:

This is true. 

What revenue leaks are you talking about?

42 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

So they want to tell us they can’t get to a deal from this?  So much closer than last week.

If both sides could just meet in the middle?

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

And now they are not rushing in to get kicked in the balls again, despite the pressure techniques and media campaign operating against them.

Media campaign against the MLBPA? What world are you living in.

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

The players had a 62% share of the revenue after the last deal? How does that equate to them getting kicked in the balls and the last deal being bad. That was a heck of a deal for the players.

Those numbers are bullshit. No need to talk about them. There are two teams that report their revenue and one of them isn't even an American business and their baseball segment revenue is completely unclear. 

• Like 1

Just now, hogan873 said:

In further tweet, Jesse Rogers stated that MLB is offering the options:
1) Sign the CBA, eliminating the draft pick compensation and take some time to evaluate the international draft.  If the union won't implement by '24, the CBA can be reopened
2) Do the entire package without draft and no draft pick compensation
3) Take the original deal.  League gets the international draft and draft pick compensation is eliminated

What's not clear is what deal they're referring to.

1makes sense to me, if the draft is the only hold up.

When are these assholes going to realize they are not enemies of one another. They should be working with each other for the betterment of the game, the betterment of the collective communities in and around the game. Instead, they are working against one another. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Well, the players refusing to negotiate within a system because of illegal kickbacks going away seems rather implausible.

Really, They way Ortiz and the international FA group are fighting it, it seems more plausible to me. The ability to pick a team for the culture would seem less plausible. But again you could be right, it's only my guess from previous discussions with foreign players.

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

Really, They way Ortiz and the international FA group are fighting it, it seems more plausible to me. The ability to pick a team for the culture would seem less plausible. But again you could be right, it's only my guess from previous discussions with foreign players.

Why don't Americans get afforded the same flexibility then? In what other major sports league can a player just go wherever they want? Just international soccer I think (if it's even the case with the EPL, I believe it is).

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, wegner said:

Super news....things always move alot faster when Scott Boras is at the center of it.  Hopefully they will play by May June.

Boras thinks it will pay off. We knew this was going to be a delay for the season when he and his clients were leading the union. Not that they don't have that right. But he is known for dragging out negotiations and waiting when he represents players for contracts.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

When are these assholes going to realize they are not enemies of one another. They should be working with each other for the betterment of the game, the betterment of the collective communities in and around the game. Instead, they are working against one another. 

I think the amount of pressure that the owners put on both sides thanks to the "long delay with no talking" followed by "workable agreement that appeared on March 8" would probably drive almost any of us batty if we had to deal with it.

2 minutes ago, raBBit said:

Why don't Americans get afforded the same flexibility then? In what other major sports league can a player just go wherever they want? Just international soccer I think (if it's even the case with the EPL, I believe it is).

Agreed. Why treat the international players any different. The % of players in those countries is increasing so just include them in the regular draft. I think that is the best option.

I think the big difference, although some here disagree, is how MLB clubs are allowed to have "pre-selection" deals with 12 year olds as stated in one of the tweets.

• Like 1