Sox give no qualifying offers

CentralChamps21

51 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

Robby Ray just had a cy young season in the AL east...and turned 30 last month.  He is getting 25million AAV for 5-6 years. That IS the market this offseason with very few younger arms available. 

I’d make him that offer.

If posters are already horrified of the rumored deals I think you are all in for a fun offseason.

I can't remember the last time this many teams were looking to add seriously. The list below should just be read as "not sellers"

Texas
Seattle
Detroit
NYY
NYM
KC
CWS
ATL
HOU
LAD
LAA
SD
SFG
BOS
MIL
STL
MIA
TOR
PHI

Wildcards - CHC

Chaotic Neutral - TB, CLE, MN

Selling
PIT
CIN
OAK
COL
BAL
AZ

I count 29 but can't figure out who i missed.

4 minutes ago, oldsox said:

Boras smarter than Hahn.

Pretty unusual to see Boras calling out a GM in such a way...while simultaneously praising him for managing his load well (preserving an "asset").

That said, with our draft luck, the compensation pick (especially a high schooler) unlikely to have much of an impact on sustaining the current window anyway.

3 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

If he has a deal worth more than $20 million, yes.

No, if Hahn chose not to deal with them because he was nervous about Rodons shoulder/arm and then it is proved out, then Hahn is not dumb in this situation no matter how much you don't like him 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kyyle23 said:

No, if Hahn chose not to deal with them because he was nervous about Rodons shoulder/arm and then it is proved out, then Hahn is not dumb in this situation no matter how much you don't like him 

Even if the rest of the league disagrees and then the player stays healthy and has success elsewhere Hahn cannot be wrong? Well, ok.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Even if the rest of the league disagrees and then the player stays healthy and has success elsewhere Hahn cannot be wrong? Well, ok.

Wow it's almost like I said "if Rodons arm fell off next year" as my qualifier and you changed it.  Because clearly Hahn would be wrong in the scenario that you now believe is likely, regardless of what you said 10 months ago

• Fire 1

Hahn doesn't believe Rodon to be worth the risk at 18.4 million.  I think Hahn is interested when/if the market doesn't materialize at these 20 mill numbers people are tossing around.  Hahn will be interested if and when Boras wants to talk about incentive-based deals IMO.  Carlos won't be the first Boras client to not get the asking price.

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

Yes he can be wrong. I don't ever want to see Rodon in a White Sox uniform, he wasn't any good when he was healthy- wrong. You're familiar with that type of wrong.

Edited by Dick Allen

46 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Yes he can be wrong. I don't ever want to see Rodon in a White Sox uniform, he wasn't any good when he was healthy- wrong. You're familiar with that type of wrong.

Like last week when you said you were certain that Kimbrel’s option was going to be declined? 

• Haha 1

So...what is a win for Rodon this offseason?  Is it a 1 year deal for more than the QO would have been?  Is it a 2 year deal worth $20 million?  Or is it something like a 1 year deal for $10 million?  I am interested to see what he gets...so much innuendo regarding his arm/shoulder/fatigue stuff!  At the moment the White Sox know more about his health than any other organization...and they passed (at this point).  This one is curious to me!