Sox give no qualifying offers

CentralChamps21

26 minutes ago, The Grinder said:

I understand Hahns hesitancy in signing Rodon long term, after all hes had such injury filled career. I'm guessing a regression would be likely 

There was some weird hypertext in your post, which I just deleted.  Sometimes if you copy from a different source the hypertext comes with if you don 't utilize the plain text option when you paste it here.

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

Honestly, the most likely scenario is that both Hahn and Boras wins here.  Scotty gets him more money than the QO, but they Rodon turns in the same injury riddled seasons that he has for most of his career. 

I know 2020 was an odd year and denied pitchers the opportunity to build arm-strength in game situations...but I just don't see how a team (well, any team other than the Dodgers...LOL) could risk a long-term deal on Rodon! 

4 minutes ago, BrittBurnsFan said:

I know 2020 was an odd year and denied pitchers the opportunity to build arm-strength in game situations...but I just don't see how a team (well, any team other than the Dodgers...LOL) could risk a long-term deal on Rodon! 

I’ve been in agreement with Jimmy that it was a mistake to not offer a QO. It will look worse if he signs say a 3 year deal somewhere.

edit: someone here with in the pay month or so kicked around him signing a deal like Rich Hill did with the Dodgers where you know he’s going to be hurt at some point but whatever/whenever he pitches he will be good.

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Like 1

Just now, Bob Sacamano said:

I’ve been in agreement with Jimmy that it was a mistake to not offer a QO. It will look worse if he signs say a 3 year deal somewhere.

Yeah...I get that if that scenario occurs then we will look foolish.  However, there is a reason Boras is happy with not getting a QO...the QO would limit the teams that might have been willing to sign CO.  What if his 3 year deal is worth $40 million?  We will never know if he would have accepted a QO because one thing we can all agree upon is that you can't take Scott Boras at face-value!  He is way too good at his job!

46 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

There was some weird hypertext in your post, which I just deleted.  Sometimes if you copy from a different source the hypertext comes with if you don 't utilize the plain text option when you paste it here.

I was using another source, thanks for the correction, sorry!