Castellanos opts out

Balta1701

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

The Sox won't spend large amounts of money on hitters who can't field and really don't have a position?  That's news to me.

The Sox haven’t been in a position quite like they are heading into 2022 in either of our lifetimes. Obviously the Sox have historically been a team that isn’t averse to signing DHs. That’s no secret. But I just don’t see them them adding another DH to this mix, especially when the near perfect fit in Conforto is out there. 

Maybe I give them too much credit. But Hahn has built a very nice team. I don’t think he’s going to finish it off by jamming a square peg in a round hole. 

That all being said, and as I said a couple months ago in this very thread - Nick C can rake and would be fun to watch in a Sox uni. It’s just a putrid fit tho - I don’t see it happening. 

Edited by ChiSox59
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

The Sox haven’t been in a position quite like they are heading into 2022 in either of our lifetimes. Obviously the Sox have historically been a team that isn’t averse to signing DHs. That’s no secret. But I just don’t see them them adding another DH to this mix, especially when the near perfect fit in Conforto is out there. 

Maybe I give them too much credit. But Hahn has built a very nice team. I don’t think he’s going to finish it off by jamming a square peg in a round hole. 

That all being said, and as I said a couple months ago in this very thread - Nick C can rake and would be fun to watch in a Sox uni. It’s just a putrid fit tho - I don’t see it happening. 

I would much rather spend on a real RF who can hit Lefty and catch the ball, but I would not put the Sox above doing something stupid like this.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I would much rather spend on a real RF who can hit Lefty and catch the ball, but I would not put the Sox above doing something stupid like this.

That’s fair. They’ve earned the skepticism. Just think they’ve turned a corner. Madrigal was an awful move with shades of the past; hopefully they stop right there. I guess we’ll see in a couple short months.  

I won’t lose my mind if the Sox sign Castellanos, but I certainly wouldn’t love the move and I’d be more than a bit confused as to what they’re trying to accomplish. 

• Like 1