2022 Offseason Plan Thread

Chicago White Sox

2 minutes ago, quickman said:

Why didn’t the Sox go after marte for right field. Did I miss something . He was cheap in todays world and could spell in center field . I maybe old but this seems like something they could have done .

Because we are cheap/broke and spend our dollars on players we can ditch quickly. We tend to shop for bargains and hope they have breakout or bounce back years. 

Just now, SonofaRoache said:

Because we are cheap/broke and spend our dollars on players we can ditch quickly. We tend to shop for bargains and hope they have breakout or bounce back years. 

Conforto will cost more probably 100 this is my only issue so far . He would have been the right sign. Then go get your 2bman

14 minutes ago, quickman said:

Why didn’t the Sox go after marte for right field. Did I miss something . He was cheap in todays world and could spell in center field . I maybe old but this seems like something they could have done .

Many of us wanted him as well - there’s really zero reason we shouldn’t have. He’s been the most reasonable position player who has signed and fits our teams needs well… regardless of him being right handed. Dude crushes RHP.

14 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Many of us wanted him as well - there’s really zero reason we shouldn’t have. He’s been the most reasonable position player who has signed and fits our teams needs well… regardless of him being right handed. Dude crushes RHP.

I'm probably in the minority in that I am happy the Sox stayed away from him. Soon to be 33 year old where most if not all his value is tied to his legs. He mashes RHP, but doesn't hit all that many HR's. If his legs go, the Mets will quickly regret that contract.

34 minutes ago, quickman said:

This was what I liked. He is athletic and a really good defensive player and would be a great fit in RF - and could spell for Robert or switch over in case of an injury.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SonofaRoache said:

I'm not sure Conforto is within our years range.

Isn’t it funny that we’ve seen his range be from 1 year to 5 years and from 20 million for the contract to 100 million.

Bottom line is that no one has a good pulse on him but I still think we end up with one of him, Castellanos, or Schwarber.

Conforto + 2B trade + SP trade or a depth signing is what I keep circling back to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

I'm probably in the minority in that I am happy the Sox stayed away from him. Soon to be 33 year old where most if not all his value is tied to his legs. He mashes RHP, but doesn't hit all that many HR's. If his legs go, the Mets will quickly regret that contract.

He also hits a ton of grounders. I wouldn't have been mad if we got him, but I think Conforto is the better fit. 

I’ve been browsing Twitter less than 24 hours… my quality of life is already worse but I can whole heartedly say that these two Tweets are the best related to the Sox that will occur all year:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, hi8is said:

I’ve been browsing Twitter less than 24 hours… my quality of life is already worse but I can whole heartedly say that these two Tweets are the best related to the Sox that will occur all year:

That's not me. It's some other guy using the same handle. 

I think that opinion is ridiculous. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

But he didn’t say subtractions, so Kimbrel is going nowhere!!

I'm looking forward to Chuck and Ozzie telling everyone how the Sox have the best bullpen in baseball....just like last season.