21/22 NCAA Basketball Thread

Marqhead

13 hours ago, fathom said:

That blown goal tending comes back to haunt UTC

I don’t think the one they called earlier was a goaltending, so it may have balanced out.

Does Illinois even run an offense? It seems like they just bring it down, and it’s one pass and a bad shot most possessions.

46 minutes ago, Middle Buffalo said:

I don’t think the one they called earlier was a goaltending, so it may have balanced out.

Does Illinois even run an offense? It seems like they just bring it down, and it’s one pass and a bad shot most possessions.

It has been a weird season that hasn't been a ton of fun to watch.

I think going into the season they were going to play a bunch of high PnR with Curbelo and Kofi. Curbelo gets brain damage, misses two months, and hasn't been the same.

The offense starts to look a little better as they start to play a high-low with Grandison and Kofi off of some motion. What happens? Grandison gets Covid and then hurts his shoulder.

Frazier hurt his shoulder before the year (you can see the sleeve). Damonte dropped 21% in 3 point percentage from last year. Right now when Frazier and Damonte are on the floor offensively they are almost handcuffed because of how limited they are offensively and how bad they are shooting. Just a frustrating season.

7 minutes ago, Middle Buffalo said:

Agree on the goaltending, the one they called on Kofi wasn’t and the one they didn’t was clearly goaltending.  

They actually get good shots the vast majority of the time despite having some really limited players in the starting lineup. Kofi missed a bunch of shots he usually makes and Frazier and Plummer missed a lot of good looks.  The real issue is Frazier is going through one of his stretches right now where he’s just completely worthless on offense.  He’s had a lot of those during his career and this one is again at a really bad time.  With Grandison clearly not healthy they can’t afford to have Frazier be a 0 on offense. 

44 minutes ago, Marqhead said:

Incredible back and forth. Terrible officiating, but hell of an effort by Baylor to come back. 

Unreal how many dumb plays UNC made, but Akinjo being awful was too much for Baylor to overcome.  I hate that Baylor stopped pressing in overtime.

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

Unreal how many dumb plays UNC made, but Akinjo being awful was too much for Baylor to overcome.  I hate that Baylor stopped pressing in overtime.

I agree. The press got them there and was really in UNCs head, let took their foot off and let them reset.