White Sox sign Leury Garcia to 3 year deal

raBBit

Just now, Moncada said:

So let's document it.  

Statement 1: ny statement was factual despite what you think of it 

Statement 2: I never said anything other than I would have preferred to give Romy the AB's down the stretch (so you just lied)

Statement 3: I never said anything about Leury hitting down the stretch (so you lied again)

Statement 4: I never said anything about Leury hitting in the playoffs (so you lied again)

Statement 5: you did by the way you are defending Leury (but yeah I said no one said it)

You just lied repeatedly bc I said nothing in regard to Leury's stats or play 

I've let this go but yet you keep bringing this back up and lying in doing so

Why....

In addition to the rest, Your next lie is apparently that you have let this go, because you keep replying. Come back with some facts and let's go.

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

In addition to the rest, Your next lie is apparently that you have let this go, because you keep replying. Come back with some facts and let's go.

I didn't respond for over an hour and the thread was fine and then you come in with all your lies starting stuff just like before.   

1. Stop lying 

2. Maybe address why you keep lying 

3. Don't ever call me a liar bc I don't lie

4. Learn to have some respect for people bc calling people a liar and using lies to do so is a joke 

5. Don't ever call me a damn liar bc I don't lie.  

6. If you keep calling me a liar while using lies im gonna continue to post in response 

• Love 1

16 minutes ago, Moncada said:

I didn't respond for over an hour and the thread was fine and then you come in with all your lies starting stuff just like before.   

1. Stop lying 

4. Learn to have some respect for people bc calling people a liar and using lies to do so is a joke 

6. If you keep calling me a liar while using lies im gonna continue to post in response 

This might just be the most times I have ever seen liar, lying or lies typed in a post.  Second only to your previous post.  Impressive.   Most impressive. 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Moncada said:

1. Stop lying 

Sure thing, George Washington.

There are some forum addicted know-it-all posters  that  seemingly relish in oneupmanship.  It is too bad that they dominate the forum at times and try to grind down and embarass posters for sport.

Anyway, I respect all Sox fans including those who have  different opinions. In fact, I like hearing different opinions which is why I read this forum. My own opinion is that signing Leury was a reasonable move.  He provides flexibility for TLR to use him at various positions and against RH or LH pitching since he is a switch hitter. He has shown surprising power and while he has had injuries, he is relatively durable.  I don't know this for a fact, but Leury must be an affable player that players and management respect and like having on the team. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 3
  • Fire 2

19 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Dollars are fine I guess, still nuts we’re giving a three year deal that covers his age 31 to 33 seasons.  As long as this doesn’t prevent us from adding real talent elsewhere, I’m content with this move.

It won’t.

Maybe Leury is line fine wine.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Dollars are fine I guess, still nuts we’re giving a three year deal that covers his age 31 to 33 seasons.  As long as this doesn’t prevent us from adding real talent elsewhere, I’m content with this move.

It wouldn’t prevent other  talent from signing. But it is certainly an expensive backup, so you have to wonder what their intentions are as far as starters. If as a plan B they are searching for bridge players to guys like Cespedes/Rodriguez/Montgomery/ Sanchez instead of top talent  today that they may have missed out on. Usually backups are signed after the starters. There was no rush to do this. I am hoping they are just showing a money is no object approach? But that’s a leap of faith. My best bet is that Kimbrel  is traded  for a Segura type, and they have a bridge plan in RF

Edited by Chick Mercedes

16 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

This is fine.  As I, and others, have mentioned, the three years is a bit weird, but the $ per year is acceptable for what Leury brings to the team.

If you’re getting the 2021 L. Garcia - it’s a good deal. I hope we see that level of relative production from him with less time on the field due to better health and a true right fielder.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, hi8is said:

It takes quite a bit to make me say this but… what the fuck?

“Which screenshot deserves 6.90m views?”

It was a thread at Quora.  Just reading this crazy back and forth about lying over errors versus bad plays…I actually felt like I was high.

Backwards, it says “y’all went to high school, but I went to school high.”

https://www.quora.com/Which-screenshot-deserves-6-90m-views

Actually, reading through all the responses, it seems that someone was attempting to send a coded message, because Treasure White spelled backwards is White Treasure, so not even sure what to make of it. 

Time to take a self-imposed break from the board until the lockout is over…posting too much these days and no point in getting upset until we see the final 25 man roster.

Edited by caulfield12

• raBBit unpinned this topic