2022 Catch All

Texsox

Well my day will be replacing a garbage disposal.  Nothing like a plumbing leak to ruin a day. I'm really hoping that Insinkerator hasn't changed their mounting system in twenty years. 

Well that was about 100x easier than I thought. Less than 10 minutes. Plug and play replacement. 

Edited by Texsox
Updated

14 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

So my wife and I have been trying to have a kid for a few months now. Not a terribly long time, but probably since about August that we've been tracking ovulation schedules and using pre-seed. Anyway, being that we are not young (early 30s) and want 2 kids, we were getting a bit nervous about a timeline for all this. My wife had gotten some tests done and some of her levels were off, possibly leading to fertility issues. 

We took her in a few days ago to go through a procedure where they inject fluid in to her to see where exactly the fluid travels, to find out if she has any blockages that could be prohibiting my sperm from making it up to her eggs freely. She was very nervous about this procedure and scheduled it on a day that we both had off so I could be there.

Well, she took a urine test right when we got there so they can make sure she's not pregnant, because you don't want to be doing things like this with an active embryo inside. After her urine test, the nurse asked if I wanted to come in to the room with her for the procedure. I said yes. A couple of minutes later the doctor walks in and says "Well, I have good news and I have bad news". Now....being that this scenario JUST played out in my head 10 seconds prior to him walking in I immediately thought.... well what the hell could the GOOD news be already?

And low and behold he tells us the bad news is that he can't do the procedure but it's because the good news is that SHE IS PREGNANT! We couldn't believe it! The doctor and the nurse pulled us in to that room simply so they could deliver the news to us together like that. The nurse knew the results of the urine test before she even asked if I wanted to join her in the room. She said she's been a nurse for 20+ years and only TWICE has she ever seen that before and BOTH were that week! Crazy stuff.

We are beyond thrilled but since we aren't going to tell any friends or family yet, I figured I would tell internet strangers instead. 🤣 

Congrats man!

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

So my wife and I have been trying to have a kid for a few months now. Not a terribly long time, but probably since about August that we've been tracking ovulation schedules and using pre-seed. Anyway, being that we are not young (early 30s) and want 2 kids, we were getting a bit nervous about a timeline for all this. My wife had gotten some tests done and some of her levels were off, possibly leading to fertility issues. 

We took her in a few days ago to go through a procedure where they inject fluid in to her to see where exactly the fluid travels, to find out if she has any blockages that could be prohibiting my sperm from making it up to her eggs freely. She was very nervous about this procedure and scheduled it on a day that we both had off so I could be there.

Well, she took a urine test right when we got there so they can make sure she's not pregnant, because you don't want to be doing things like this with an active embryo inside. After her urine test, the nurse asked if I wanted to come in to the room with her for the procedure. I said yes. A couple of minutes later the doctor walks in and says "Well, I have good news and I have bad news". Now....being that this scenario JUST played out in my head 10 seconds prior to him walking in I immediately thought.... well what the hell could the GOOD news be already?

And low and behold he tells us the bad news is that he can't do the procedure but it's because the good news is that SHE IS PREGNANT! We couldn't believe it! The doctor and the nurse pulled us in to that room simply so they could deliver the news to us together like that. The nurse knew the results of the urine test before she even asked if I wanted to join her in the room. She said she's been a nurse for 20+ years and only TWICE has she ever seen that before and BOTH were that week! Crazy stuff.

We are beyond thrilled but since we aren't going to tell any friends or family yet, I figured I would tell internet strangers instead. 🤣 

Big time congrats - excited for you and your wife and I am sure your future son/daughter will find that story memorable as they grow up!!! 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

Big time congrats - excited for you and your wife and I am sure your future son/daughter will find that story memorable as they grow up!!! 

Yup, were excited to tell our family and friends that story as well. We had dinner at my parents house last night and my wife said it was killing her not to bring it up to them. 🤭

On 2/8/2022 at 11:46 PM, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Yup, were excited to tell our family and friends that story as well. We had dinner at my parents house last night and my wife said it was killing her not to bring it up to them. 🤭

Congratulations! That is awesome news.

• Thanks 1

On 2/9/2022 at 9:43 AM, Iwritecode said:

I'm pretty sure everyone here has been saying that all along.

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean everyone isn't trying to car jack that sweet Bellaire with the hydraulics and spinners.

Jesus Christ people, please keep your dogs on a leash or otherwise appropriately contained.

Was walking my dog this morning. Colleague of mine walked by with her golden retriever. 2 big, untethered dogs came charging out of someone’s apartment and attacked that dog. Tried my best to help while holding my dog but couldn’t do much with one hand holding mine, had to back off.

22 hours ago, Harry Chappas said:

I heard good things and I am buying one this summer. 

I'm looking at the Sea Eagle 380x. Since I'm pulling a camper I just don't want to deal with a kayak rack on my truck.

I need a tandem and I'm thinking for the future one that I can mount a small electric onto. 

4 hours ago, Texsox said:

I'm looking at the Sea Eagle 380x. Since I'm pulling a camper I just don't want to deal with a kayak rack on my truck.

I need a tandem and I'm thinking for the future one that I can mount a small electric onto. 

I don't want to deal with the rack either and like the mobility for when we are in Michigan to check things out. 

No sure how a trolling motor would fair on an inflatable but they probably exist. 

25 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

I don't want to deal with the rack either and like the mobility for when we are in Michigan to check things out. 

No sure how a trolling motor would fair on an inflatable but they probably exist. 

I've seen a few models with mounts for motors. I think it will be useful in a few spots for us. I at least want the option. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • knightni unpinned and locked this topic