2022 Catch All

Texsox

I was in town this weekend, going to hang out with my best friend I've had since I was 11 years old on Monday, only for his girlfriend to have to call me Monday morning to tell me he'd been murdered the night before. So that's been my week. Just devastated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lostfan said:

I was in town this weekend, going to hang out with my best friend I've had since I was 11 years old on Monday, only for his girlfriend to have to call me Monday morning to tell me he'd been murdered the night before. So that's been my week. Just devastated.

awful news man, been following it but I really have nothing to add but my condolences 

• Love 1

20 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

awful news man, been following it but I really have nothing to add but my condolences 

I hate that I can't stop thinking and talking about it. I will be doing something else and then poof we are back to that again and I'm talking to some random person about him again.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lostfan said:

I hate that I can't stop thinking and talking about it. I will be doing something else and then poof we are back to that again and I'm talking to some random person about him again.

It's fully normal.  It's trauma.  You can't just quit it, despite what some might say.

On 7/29/2022 at 11:09 AM, lostfan said:

Sorry lostfan. Condolences. Many moons ago I got the call that my close friend had been murdered in Wichita. The sadness is so indescribable. Years have passed but I never forget my friend and her fam and have stayed in touch with them thru the years. 

Peace to you lostfan. Rely on your friends and fam for support. Sorry for all involved here.

• Love 1

10 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Got not 1, but 2, extra days in NYC due to canceled flights.  Took the wife and kids with on a work trip, so it has been interesting.  Supposed to be back tomorrow morning,  hopefully. 

Hopefully the airline paid for those extra two nights in a hotel.

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

Got not 1, but 2, extra days in NYC due to canceled flights.  Took the wife and kids with on a work trip, so it has been interesting.  Supposed to be back tomorrow morning,  hopefully. 

It's awesome the family is with you at least. Better than stuck on there alone. When does your wife report back to school? 

18 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Plot twist.  After a late flight opened up last night, we made a quick switch and run to the airport to GTF out of NYC.  Two hours of delays, including 25 minutes sitting 100 feet from our terminal while they got a gate crew there at 12:30 am to get the gate, and two baggage claim switches later, we got home at 2 am.

• Like 1

On 8/9/2022 at 9:12 AM, southsider2k5 said:

Plot twist.  After a late flight opened up last night, we made a quick switch and run to the airport to GTF out of NYC.  Two hours of delays, including 25 minutes sitting 100 feet from our terminal while they got a gate crew there at 12:30 am to get the gate, and two baggage claim switches later, we got home at 2 am.

That's awful story of travel. Nowadays when u fly somewhere you almost have to pack for two extra days minimum cause of the delays/cancellations. The airlines are a complete mess.

Ugh. Today's end of summer project - removing the floor from my kitchen sink cabinet and replacing it. Cheap ass particle board construction that warps with little moisture. Solid wood frames and doors. The base was the only place they used particle board. 

I'm ordering a leak proof under sink mat so hopefully I won't be doing this again. 

On 8/15/2022 at 7:13 AM, knightni said:

Someone did a drive-by and shot three people in Six Flags Great America's parking lot last night.

By my count I've had four hours of active shooter training in two days. More than any other subject. Lots of new plans, policies, and procedures. I've heard the phrase Uvalde changed everything a dozen times. 

Ah, why didn't Columbine, Sandy Hook, Parkland, Santa Fe, Virginia Tech, UT, etc etc change everything? Why wait until it happens in your neighborhood to react? 

• knightni unpinned and locked this topic