2022 Celebrity Death Thread

CentralChamps21

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Christine McVie, 79, keyboardist and singer for Fleetwood Mac. Well before my time but one of my parents' favorite bands and they rubbed off on me a bit.

I can't even say how much her music means to me . I first heard it in 1977, when i was 21 and living on the western slope in Colorado, and i had just fallen in love with a beautiful girl . Fleetwood Mac came to Boulder as part of their Rumors tour, and we drove over the mountains to Folsom Field to see them . there was a no seating on the field, and even with a record crowd of 61,500, we got right up in front . it's one of my fondest memories ever, and that's how I will always remember Christine McVie.
  • Like 1

On 11/30/2022 at 2:18 PM, CentralChamps21 said:

Christine McVie, 79, keyboardist and singer for Fleetwood Mac. Well before my time but one of my parents' favorite bands and they rubbed off on me a bit.

At different times in my life each band member (even pre Buckingham - Nicks) have kind of been my favorite to listen to. When I was seeing them live, every year or so it seemed like, the attention was always on Nicks. Now I wish I had paid better attention. 

On 12/6/2022 at 5:19 AM, Texsox said:

At different times in my life each band member (even pre Buckingham - Nicks) have kind of been my favorite to listen to. When I was seeing them live, every year or so it seemed like, the attention was always on Nicks. Now I wish I had paid better attention. 

Such a talented group, Stevie always had that raspy voice. Sounded like she was gargling w Listerine 

• 3 weeks later...