Fathoming Bauer not securing a job anywhere?

caulfield12

8 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

But again these guys don't get charged because their accusers don't want to press charges and you do get a story about what happened. If they wanted to press charges, they ulimately would at least be charged. Was Bauer even arrested? His accuser didn't not refuse to press charges. And any suspension would be like Ozunas who was on admin leave like Bauer was last year, and it counted as time served. 

It would set a scary precedent where a fan of a team could set up someone on a rival team and get them suspended.

29 minutes ago, Spicy gar said:

I think that was more we hope this blows over. The pressure hasn't really let up though.

I think they have less of a case to withhold payment now that it actually has blown over and he wasn't charged in a court of law.  JMO

• Like 1

On 2/10/2022 at 10:22 PM, Texsox said:

Let's start with an average guy with neither problem.

Two DUi 100x worse.

Sexual assault to get your rocks off 1000x worse by that the second guy. 

Who are you inviting to your next party?

Except it wasn't sexual assault. So...

What two consenting adults do in the privacy of a bedroom is none of my business. 

Edited by Richie
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Richie said:

Except it wasn't sexual assault. So...

What two consenting adults do in the privacy of a bedroom is none of my business. 

What wasn’t sexual assault?  Just because something can’t be proven beyond a reasonable doubt in court doesn’t mean it didn’t happened.

• Like 2

Does the bedroom make it any different than say the kitchen? She consented to me beating her unconscious because the steaks were overcooked? 

She consented to me breaking a few of her bones because the satellite was out. 

But it's ok because it got his dick hard. 

This is obviously a very touchy subject. No one should be abused especially a woman. I’m guessing the woman was comfortable with rough sex and Bauer took it to another level. And didn’t she have sex with him on multiple occasions. 

he’s obviously a loose cannon but there is blame on both parties here. I’m guessing that’s why no charges were filed. If this was football the Oakland raiders of old would have traded for him already

8 minutes ago, runtheballdown said:

I’m guessing that’s why no charges were filed.

There were many reasons for this including incriminating evidence of the woman’s motives…

With that said… fuck Bauer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Texsox said:

Does the bedroom make it any different than say the kitchen? She consented to me beating her unconscious because the steaks were overcooked? 

Yes you cannot consent to an assault and battery which puts other women in danger. The whole situation is pretty twisted. MLB will be highly scrutinized on the resolution of this case. Meanwhile Bob Saget was found with a fractured skull but nothing to see here they tell us.

18 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

What wasn’t sexual assault?  Just because something can’t be proven beyond a reasonable doubt in court doesn’t mean it didn’t happened.

Not only can't it be proven. If you actually look into the story - you can pretty much prove it WAS NOT sexual assault. You can pretty much prove (or at least any reasonable person would surmise) that she is lying. Look into the conversations they had after. And how desperate she was to see him again. Threatened to destroy his career if he wouldn't come pick her up one night after a game, etc. This chick was whacko and expressed how much she loved being with him. Needed to see him. She was scared, stranded in a town after driving to see him (even though he didn't want to see her). All you have to do is look up the text messages that were released.

People love to just say things without looking into details. Good riddance. 

17 hours ago, Texsox said:

You should be embarrassed by comparing this to a lashing out over frustration/anger due to overcooked food by a housewife. The satellite was out? That's utterly sad. This wasn't an angry husband in a domestic dispute with his wife. What in the hell are you talking about? If someone asks you what your opinion is on a hard hit in a football game. Do you respond by telling them it would be an illegal hit in a hockey game?  

It was a consensual sexual encounter. Where she was asking to be spanked, choked, and to have rough sex. Which is actually pretty damn common. It's actually SO common, that I would hardly even refer to it as a "fetish". There is also no proof that she went unconscious and PLENTY of evidence that she is lying all together.

There are people that like all kinds of different things. Hell, there are dudes who like being tied up, gagged, and whipped.

But by all means... keep telling people what they should and shouldn't do in bed. Maybe that is what gets you off? It's actually rather creepy that you're so concerned with what consenting adults are into sexually. 

Literally, take a lap after that post. Hit the bricks, dude. My god. The willful dishonesty on your part is embarrassing. 

Edited by Richie
  • Fire 1

5 hours ago, Richie said:

Not only can't it be proven. If you actually look into the story - you can pretty much prove it WAS NOT sexual assault. You can pretty much prove (or at least any reasonable person would surmise) that she is lying. Look into the conversations they had after. And how desperate she was to see him again. Threatened to destroy his career if he wouldn't come pick her up one night after a game, etc. This chick was whacko and expressed how much she loved being with him. Needed to see him. She was scared, stranded in a town after driving to see him (even though he didn't want to see her). All you have to do is look up the text messages that were released.

People love to just say things without looking into details. Good riddance. 

Yeah, I’ve seen the text messages.  Just cause the girl was whack job who was likely looking to profit off this doesn’t mean Bauer didn’t do anything wrong.  Regardless, I will wait and see what kind of punishment (if any) MLB hands out based on their investigation.  If it was truly just good ole fashioned “rough sex” then he should receive no suspension.

7 hours ago, Richie said:

You should be embarrassed by comparing this to a lashing out over frustration/anger due to overcooked food by a housewife. The satellite was out? That's utterly sad. This wasn't an angry husband in a domestic dispute with his wife. What in the hell are you talking about? If someone asks you what your opinion is on a hard hit in a football game. Do you respond by telling them it would be an illegal hit in a hockey game?  

It was a consensual sexual encounter. Where she was asking to be spanked, choked, and to have rough sex. Which is actually pretty damn common. It's actually SO common, that I would hardly even refer to it as a "fetish". There is also no proof that she went unconscious and PLENTY of evidence that she is lying all together.

There are people that like all kinds of different things. Hell, there are dudes who like being tied up, gagged, and whipped.

But by all means... keep telling people what they should and shouldn't do in bed. Maybe that is what gets you off? It's actually rather creepy that you're so concerned with what consenting adults are into sexually. 

Literally, take a lap after that post. Hit the bricks, dude. My god. The willful dishonesty on your part is embarrassing. 

Great post, Richie.

3 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Yeah, I’ve seen the text messages.  Just cause the girl was whack job who was likely looking to profit off this doesn’t mean Bauer didn’t do anything wrong.  Regardless, I will wait and see what kind of punishment (if any) MLB hands out based on their investigation.  If it was truly just good ole fashioned “rough sex” then he should receive no suspension.

There it is.  The rape culture of trying the victim instead of the crime is exactly why women never report sex crimes, or wait years and years to do so.

17 hours ago, Richie said:

Let's keep this simple. You believe someone can consent to being beat unconscious and that's ok. 

I don't. It's bad for our society. 

• Like 3

The "rough sex" defense is the last line of defense used by those who engage in sexual abuse, sexual perversion and rape. He punched one of his victims in the vagina? No, that is not a fetish, that is a sexual assault.  Bauer escaped prosecution because a District Atty decided that certain allegations could not be proven beyond a reasonable doubt, but multiple allegations and evidence of physical abuse cannot be ignored.

Beyond the allegations of sexual abuse, Bauer has exhibited anti-social behavior with teams that he has been on since high school.  That behavior is not disqualifying but...would you let a psycho like that go out with your daughter ? Would you want hm in your team's clubhouse, on the team plane, or for that matter having his name associated in any way with your team?

Edited by tray
  • Like 1

If I were JR the only way I'd allow the guy on my team is if:

1) He were paid the entirety of his 2021 salary by the Dodgers and released from his contract

2) He agreed to sign for a league minimum

3) He understood he was on a short leash, and management wasn't afraid to pull the trigger.

...that is to say, it ain't happening....

• Like 1