2022-23 NFL Season thread

bmags

A very boring conversation that occurs around this time is the NFL hall of fame discussion.

I have no idea what hall of fame worthy in the NFL is. I couldn't confidently tell you what players were even in the hall of fame.

Baseball, def could.

So I am all in on sign one of the many real good LTs and get a wideout in free agency. Outside of that play wave 2/3 guys. Orlando Brown Jr, Cam Robinson, maybe Saints LT etc. lot of good options - swing Jenkins to RT where more teams liked him…move Borom inside…figure out whether you go with Whitebair at C or G and than address the other (letting Daniels walk - give me the strong LT at double the cost vs an okay but young guard). 

At wideout - they need to address it - trade / fa plus via draft. 

Charles London (former Bears RB coach for Nagy's first 2 years) rumored to be meeting for Vikings OC job.

Would be quite funny to me if a Nagy Tree spawned with Dave Ragone (ATL OC) and London ever getting HC jobs (yes I know they would not say they are part of the Nagy tree).

PFF just added an awesome draft tool. It's nice to get the pre-made trades from PFN, but this felt more creative. Also had ADPs based on everyone using it which is AWESOME

pff.com/mock

I traded back with bears second and fifth round pick to get Colts 48th and 80th overall picks.

Drafted jalen pitre, jalen tolbert, leo chenal and luke fortner

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

Bmags has gone over the edge everyone.  He is already mock drafting, we need to get him help

these are incredibly fun tools now between this and PFN. But I don't watch college football so I know basically none of these names. Was definitely more fun last year trading up for QBs. 

If baseball allowed draft trades and people developed this for baseball drafts? My heavens.

• Haha 1

Would Jarvis Landry be a decent option to pair with Fields along with Mooney, Kmet, and presumably the use of an early pick?  I presume he will get cut in Cleveland.  Very curious to see how Poles reworks the receiving corps for Fields as it seems pretty clear its an area of focus. 

19 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

Would Jarvis Landry be a decent option to pair with Fields along with Mooney, Kmet, and presumably the use of an early pick?  I presume he will get cut in Cleveland.  Very curious to see how Poles reworks the receiving corps for Fields as it seems pretty clear its an area of focus. 

I'm not gonna lie I feel like since 2018 I've not seen a single thing he has done so it's hard to be excited about him.

19 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

Much like OBJ that would be a provocative potential addition, but much like in Cleveland I wonder if he would simply vanish on the Bears due to the young and/or ineffective passing QB.

If Fields took a big step forwards in a retooled offense that could work great. 

1 hour ago, bmags said:

Eh, don't mess with the NFL's golden goose and expect to get off lightly, Cal.

Smoke some weed…two game suspension.

Break COVID protocols…three game suspension.

Use performance enhancing drugs…six game suspension.

Beat your spouse silly…eight game suspension.

Bet on the NFL…LIFETIME BAN SCUMBAG!?!

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’m fine with saying some of the other ones are off, but “don’t bet on your own sport” is one of the cardinal rules of professional sports. 

9 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I’m fine with saying some of the other ones are off, but “don’t bet on your own sport” is one of the cardinal rules of professional sports. 

Its written on the wall in the locker room.

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

This is literally the ONE THING you KNOW you will go down for.  You can argue the rest should get bigger penalties,  but you cannot have players betting on their own teams and sports.

• Kyyle23 changed the title to 2022 NFL Season thread
  • knightni changed the title to 2022-23 NFL Season thread
  • bmags locked this topic