2022-23 NFL Season thread

bmags

I will note that I wish Trevathan the best too. His first contract was a great move and I can’t blame him for Pace making wrong bet on him 2nd time. Father Time caught up with him but Poles quickly cleaning house on this in a sensical way makes total sense. 

Looks like a man with a plan thus far…still early. 

1 minute ago, Kyyle23 said:

The bad money Pace gave away in the past three years is incredible

Pace didn’t have enough of a plan - he seemed to be one of those people who was constantly doubling down - whether it made sense or not. He actually drafted decent enough (outside of some high profile misses)…but the way he managed the roster and draft capital was just so bad. 

6 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Pace didn’t have enough of a plan - he seemed to be one of those people who was constantly doubling down - whether it made sense or not. He actually drafted decent enough (outside of some high profile misses)…but the way he managed the roster and draft capital was just so bad. 

I mean the guy gave Trevathan like 3 contracts and 2 of them were immediately after he wrecked his knees.    It started so nicely when he had to gut it at first when he took over for Emery, and then he lost his mind after 2018

1 hour ago, scs787 said:

12ish I believe. 

Yeah - I think they are over 40M in cap space now and could get as high as 45 depending on how they handle Danny T. My presumption is they will use that cap space on an olineman and wideout (I think they trade for a wideout vs fa market). 

15 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Yeah - I think they are over 40M in cap space now and could get as high as 45 depending on how they handle Danny T. My presumption is they will use that cap space on an olineman and wideout (I think they trade for a wideout vs fa market). 

Check that - 35 to 36M now with ability to get it up to 40M. Next year they are now a little more than 140M under the cap. 

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

A 5th and a swap of 6ths. 

That seem incredibly cheap. I don't know who else is out there but if that's the price on the trade market, count me in. 

Landry off the market now? Brandin Cooks? 

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

A 5th and a swap of 6ths. 

Man. I was a big fan of getting Cooper. He isn't the best and might be slightly overpaid, but you acquire him and you basically can go year by year with him and cut him at any point with zero rammifications.  I know Bears are thin on draft capital but knowing that if I were in charge I'd still have at least a few more picks coming my way (i.e, from a Quinn trade) I would have pulled the trigger on this deal and than still taken another wideout with one of the 2nd round picks.  

But oh well - we'll see what Poles can do.  

40 minutes ago, scs787 said:

That seem incredibly cheap. I don't know who else is out there but if that's the price on the trade market, count me in. 

Landry off the market now? Brandin Cooks? 

Why is Landry off the market? I assume Browns are moving him or cutting him.  Michael Thomas is probably on market as is Metcalf, both would be great...but I think both of them will cost more than Cooper (since Cowboys had very little to no leverage).  The nice thing about Cooper is you don't have to play the FA game and you can keep him 1 or 3 years and whenever you are done you cut him with zero impact to your cap.  

• Kyyle23 changed the title to 2022 NFL Season thread
  • knightni changed the title to 2022-23 NFL Season thread
  • bmags locked this topic