2022-23 NFL Season thread

bmags

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

Juju to the Kansas Cities by the way

Dang - He was young enough that I was really hoping Bears would get him, he'd stay healthy, and we'd see him benefit from not having Big Ben (who just wasn't good those last few years).  Juju ran some narely routes and really could play the slot exceptionally well (which is such a great outlet for someone like Fields).  

44 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Juju to the Kansas Cities by the way

That's smart of Juju. Sign for one year, play with a great quarterback, get your numbers inflated because of said quarterback, then cash in next free agency.

3 minutes ago, knightni said:

Matt Ryan is off to the Colts.

I don't really get the point of that (for Colts). I get it for Falcons. Falcons should have took a QB last year - don't care how good Pitts is, you can't take steps forward without having someone you think can be the QB (even if you end up being wrong - you have to swing on those guys).  

1 minute ago, Chisoxfn said:

I don't really get the point of that (for Colts). I get it for Falcons. Falcons should have took a QB last year - don't care how good Pitts is, you can't take steps forward without having someone you think can be the QB (even if you end up being wrong - you have to swing on those guys).  

I think it's great for Colts. They got out of a crappy leader at QB, got more for him, now get an aging but solid QB - especially with talent around he should be strong. They ended up with more assets as a result.

There were no good options to solve QB for them this year, but they are better off than before they just traded for Ryan. They can try to go all-in on that QB class next year.

14 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

I found him quite mediocre for Indy.

From what I read - he started not so good and kept improving as the season went on.  Wasn't a surprise since he had that Achilles injury he was coming back from.  

21 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

From what I read - he started not so good and kept improving as the season went on.  Wasn't a surprise since he had that Achilles injury he was coming back from.  

Pryor basically outplayed him, imo. He wasn't godawful but not broken hearted to move on.

13 hours ago, bmags said:

I know it may well end up prudent given his injury history but very bummed seeing the Armstead contract.

Same. 

Hopefully the Bears act quickly on Fisher or Duane Brown. 

Unless the whole world is wrong on Tevin Jenkins potential as a LT, I can't imagine the bears go into the season without one of those two. 

1 hour ago, scs787 said:

Same. 

Hopefully the Bears act quickly on Fisher or Duane Brown. 

Unless the whole world is wrong on Tevin Jenkins potential as a LT, I can't imagine the bears go into the season without one of those two. 

I think Brown signed with Patriots. 

• Kyyle23 changed the title to 2022 NFL Season thread
  • knightni changed the title to 2022-23 NFL Season thread
  • bmags locked this topic