2022-23 NFL Season thread

bmags

5 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

More passive aggressive shots…I love it!   So you’re cool with using a 3rd round pick on a soon to be 25 year old WR who has one year of semi ok production?  Name me a single quality NFL WR who had a breakout age of +24.

Deebo? Terrell Owens?

It depends what you consider a breakout, but from a fantasy football perspective, I know one of the rules of thumb for years was to look for WRs in their third year because many made the jump at that point. That would tend to be 24+ for most of them.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, scs787 said:

Bears finally pick.....Braxton Jones OT from a small school.

I would have preferred Salyer but Jones was one of the highest rated tackles remaining. 35" arms, sub 5 40. 

I like the pick, tons of upside.

Even though I love Doug Kramer the person and as an alum of Illinois, I would much rather take a flyer on a WR like Justyn Ross, I'm shocked that dude hasn't been picked yet.  Not sure if Kramer is ever going to be strong enough to play in the NFL, but love his heart.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, bigruss said:

Even though I love Doug Kramer the person and as an alum of Illinois, I would much rather take a flyer on a WR like Justyn Ross, I'm shocked that dude hasn't been picked yet.  Not sure if Kramer is ever going to be strong enough to play in the NFL, but love his heart.

Ross is still available with 10 picks until the Bears are up again. 

The fact that they didn't draft a 3T strongly suggests to me that they're bringing back Ogunjobi at a lesser deal. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Definitely not a sexy draft but I'm willing to give it time before I call the off-season itself not sexy. There is still a ton of quality names out there in free agency that just make too much sense. Namely Duane Brown or Eric Fisher. I'm not a fan of the guard market in free agency so that's the only thing I'm a little disappointed they didn't really address in the draft. I don't know enough about the offensive lineman they drafted and how the project to guard, buy barring a veteran getting released(big possibility) I imagine a big time competition for that last guard spot... My thoughts on the WR are already out there so I'll refrain....I do think they bring back Larry O for the 3T and the defense will be pretty well set.... they brought in a linebacker from KC for a visit who was pretty good that I could see them signing as well. 

Braxton Jones 

From CBS Sports

Grade Analysis

Major sleeper OT. Has legitimate Pro Bowl OT traits. Mean streak as a blocker pops on film too. Feet are outstanding. Does need to get a touch stronger. Dominated at small-school level. Love this with Justin Fields in mind. (Chris Trapasso)

Strengths:

Quick first step with great top-end speed. Good overall athleticism. Controlled into pass protection. Does a good job sealing backside pursuit in zone. Great size. Able to create torque with his lower body. Allows defenders to work away from play side.

Well that's encouraging.  

36 minutes ago, scs787 said:

Braxton Jones 

From CBS Sports

Grade Analysis

Major sleeper OT. Has legitimate Pro Bowl OT traits. Mean streak as a blocker pops on film too. Feet are outstanding. Does need to get a touch stronger. Dominated at small-school level. Love this with Justin Fields in mind. (Chris Trapasso)

Strengths:

Quick first step with great top-end speed. Good overall athleticism. Controlled into pass protection. Does a good job sealing backside pursuit in zone. Great size. Able to create torque with his lower body. Allows defenders to work away from play side.

Well that's encouraging.  

This pick and the end they got were both encouraging picks. 

5 hours ago, Middle Buffalo said:

Deebo? Terrell Owens?

It depends what you consider a breakout, but from a fantasy football perspective, I know one of the rules of thumb for years was to look for WRs in their third year because many made the jump at that point. That would tend to be 24+ for most of them.

I’m talking about college breakouts.  The majority of high end NFL WRs had a dominant season early in their college career.  A guy finally breaking out in college at 24 years of age and being successful in the NFL would be a first.  Doesn’t mean it can’t happen, but it would be unprecedented.

35 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

This pick and the end they got were both encouraging picks. 

Yeah he's got me super intrigued.  Give Jones a year behind a Pro Bowler like Duane Brown and build some strength. Robinson gets a year behind Quinn. Let em learn. 

• Kyyle23 changed the title to 2022 NFL Season thread
  • knightni changed the title to 2022-23 NFL Season thread
  • bmags locked this topic