2022-23 NFL Season thread

bmags

With the injury uncertainty surrounding guys like Pringle, Velus, and Harry, I'd really like to see the Bears kick the tires on Will Fuller, TY, or Emmanuel Sanders. I'm a believer in Pringle and Velus, but I think grabbing a vet would be very beneficial.  Fuller can give you some good games until everyone comes back to full health. 

17 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Iowa Hawkeye. For the Hawks, he was fast Was also a pretty nice returner. 

Yep - and had zero qb play around him at Iowa so could be a guy who steps up. He looked real good in the one game late in season vs the Bears. 

Phillips retiring now instead of last year is dumb. New football guy will want his own people and that means Poles and Flus are on borrowed time already, unless they decide to make Poles the football guy and hire a new business person. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

16 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Phillips retiring now instead of last year is dumb. New football guy will want his own people and that means Poles and Flus are on borrowed time already, unless they decide to make Poles the football guy and hire a new business person. 

He is the bean counter, dude.  Nobody is on borrowed time 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

Actually not the case. If you have access to the Athletic article, it's pretty good. With regards to your comment, Phillips actually ceded control of football operations to McCaskey and suggested to McCaskey even. From the sounds of it too, he would hire football guys and stay out of their way. Theoretically, that's what most fans want. So maybe the crime now is that he didn't care enough to fire someone quick enough? Not sure what the complaint would be other than just general frustration with the team and blaming Phillips as the fall guy.

4 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

He's not a "football guy". He's a really good accountant. I wouldn't worry. 

14 hours ago, nitetrain8601 said:

Actually not the case. If you have access to the Athletic article, it's pretty good. With regards to your comment, Phillips actually ceded control of football operations to McCaskey and suggested to McCaskey even. From the sounds of it too, he would hire football guys and stay out of their way. Theoretically, that's what most fans want. So maybe the crime now is that he didn't care enough to fire someone quick enough? Not sure what the complaint would be other than just general frustration with the team and blaming Phillips as the fall guy.

The point is if McCaskey hires a president now, that president will be above poles, and will not have hire poles. 

Had he retired last year, the whole group would have been brought in together.

George has always made these arranged marriages since taking over.

12 hours ago, bmags said:

The point is if McCaskey hires a president now, that president will be above poles, and will not have hire poles. 

Had he retired last year, the whole group would have been brought in together.

George has always made these arranged marriages since taking over.

Apologies, but I realized I didn't write that clearly. So my bad. Phillips actually had nothing to do with the hiring of Poles other than contract negotiations. 

Bears president and CEO Ted Phillips to retire after the 2022 season, ending a 23-year run - The Athletic

"

But there was more to it.

“The reality is the team wasn’t a consistent winner,” Phillips said. “So I talked to George and told him that we need to make some changes in terms of football reporting, and the decision was made to make a change.”

During Phillips’ reign, the Bears have a .480 winning percentage and failed to make the playoffs in 73 percent of their seasons. Phillips called the lack of winning “my biggest disappointment.”

Fans and media sometimes blamed Phillips for the Bears’ struggles, but he never made decisions about players and was not a meddler. He hired the people to make decisions about players and then discussed their choices with them."

One thing that hasn't been talked about a ton that I wonder about, is Dane Cruikshank gonna have a roll on this team? He played a ton of nickel and was a "Tight End eraser" for the Titans last year. He lined up against Kittle last year and held him to just 2 yards on 1 reception.  

That's what I wanna see the Bears do. Put Johnson and Gordon on Deebo and Aiyuk as much as possible then just throw DC out there lined up on Kittle. 

I find it funny that people think that the image of the proposed stadium in AH the Bears released yesterday looks like a bar of soap or an ice block. It’s just a rendering or placeholder and not the final design of the stadium. They have actually hired the designer of the stadium already and they are probably working on it as we speak so no the rendering is not what the stadium will actually look like when completed. Lmao. 

Edited by maloney.adam

• Kyyle23 changed the title to 2022 NFL Season thread
  • knightni changed the title to 2022-23 NFL Season thread
  • bmags locked this topic