2022-23 NFL Season thread

bmags

One thing I would really love to see happen is the Bears start using more 6 offensive linemen sets and let's see Kmet in the slot more. 

Kmet was 5th among TEs in slot snaps last year and he had a solid year. With the wide receivers and OL both sucking, why not put in an actual extra lineman and put Kmet out wide?

2 hours ago, scs787 said:

One thing I would really love to see happen is the Bears start using more 6 offensive linemen sets and let's see Kmet in the slot more. 

Kmet was 5th among TEs in slot snaps last year and he had a solid year. With the wide receivers and OL both sucking, why not put in an actual extra lineman and put Kmet out wide?

They're not going to play 6 OL and give up an eligible receiver, but they could use another TE on the end of the line and put Kmet in the slot and only use 2 actual WR. With the WRs having so much trouble getting open, it might be worth a shot.

24 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

i am so confus

Why?  It isn't that complex.  The Bears are married to Fields for at least this season, maybe longer.  They have to play him to see if he is real or if the wheels fall off.  The Fields question is quite literally the most important one the Bears have to start to answer.

On 10/6/2022 at 12:58 PM, southsider2k5 said:

Why?  It isn't that complex.  The Bears are married to Fields for at least this season, maybe longer.  They have to play him to see if he is real or if the wheels fall off.  The Fields question is quite literally the most important one the Bears have to start to answer.

I didn't understand what you said they didn't have a choice about. Thanks, I get it now. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

My issue and I can't seem to get a read from the talking heads is are they trying to win games or trying to gradually increase the pressure on Fields. 

15 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

My issue and I can't seem to get a read from the talking heads is are they trying to win games or trying to gradually increase the pressure on Fields. 

I think Lucas Patrick breaking his hand fucked everything up, and Kramer also getting hurt made it worse.  Mustipher being as bad as he has, has made every domino down the line go over and it’s killing Fields 

Kinda hard to see the bears winning another game this season. Not the worst thing in the world, but definitely on the bad tail end of my expectations.

The talent is so bad it’s easy to get mad at coaching, but still hard to believe we hired Poles only coaching hire unless the talent never improves.

43 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

He is a practice squad dude here because of injuries, he isn’t supposed to be starting

No way he is the 3rd corner, somebody else should be starting higher on depth chart. Practice squad player not 3rd corner.

Edited by Soxfest

• knightni changed the title to 2022-23 NFL Season thread
  • bmags locked this topic