2022-23 NFL Season thread

bmags

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Yep, he has no feel for the position. Will be very interesting to see how committed this regime is to him after this season.

They will move on fast because he is not the answer and they did not draft him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chisoxfn said:

I did not think Fields was as bad as you all did. He was pretty good last week and still solid this week. The oline was awful but he still is making progress but yes I expected more.

This is very unlike me, but I honestly don't know how you can judge Fields accurately with this collection of offensive talent. What young QB succeeds in these conditions? Truly? 

I don't know if he's going to be anything in this league. But I don't know if anyone can truly know at this point, given the "tools" he has to work with around him

1 minute ago, maloney.adam said:

Fields isn’t the problem. It’s the O-line and the receivers. Get him a goddamn offensive line and some playmakers next offseason. 

1 minute ago, Tony said:

This is very unlike me, but I honestly don't know how you can judge Fields accurately with this collection of offensive talent. What young QB succeeds in these conditions? Truly? 

I don't know if he's going to be anything in this league. But I don't know if anyone can truly know at this point, given the "tools" he has to work with around him

I was ripping fields the first few weeks. He was awful - don’t care others were bad. But last week he was best player on field despite limitations. This week he had some special plays and I saw him keep battling back. 

His pick was a batted ball. The line - Patrick and Mustipher were destroyed - he had nowhere to go on a number of those sacks. And he still threw what should have been a game winner. 

He has to keep grinding but this oline and wideouts have to be better. They need white hair and they need to start making some changes on the interior. 

4 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I was ripping fields the first few weeks. He was awful - don’t care others were bad. But last week he was best player on field despite limitations. This week he had some special plays and I saw him keep battling back. 

His pick was a batted ball. The line - Patrick and Mustipher were destroyed - he had nowhere to go on a number of those sacks. And he still threw what should have been a game winner. 

He has to keep grinding but this oline and wideouts have to be better. They need white hair and they need to start making some changes on the interior. 

They also need to add some elite WR’s that can run past team’s secondary’s so Fields can just throw it down the field for TD’s.

Edited by maloney.adam

2 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

They also need to add some elite WR’s that can run past team’s secondary’s so Fields can just throw it down the field for TD’s.

Fields played alright besides the missed layup for the TD and throwing the ball at the lineman's helmet. Even the best WR in the group fucked up royally in the biggest moment of the game today. Fields' receivers are all terrible. 

• knightni changed the title to 2022-23 NFL Season thread
  • bmags locked this topic