2022-23 NFL Season thread

bmags

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I don't think he ever gets another head gig again. It failed spectacularly both times. Good OC, terrible HC.

Not even sure he is all that good of a OC tbh.  Everyone is a genius with Brady

33 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Lmao at least when this crashes and burns we shouldn’t get another off-season of McDaniels being the hot name 

It's funny because when people call the Sox the worst run franchise in sports, the first team that always comes to mind is the Raiders.  There really isn't any bigger dumpster fire in pro sports, though a few are in the discussion.

47 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Lmao at least when this crashes and burns we shouldn’t get another off-season of McDaniels being the hot name 

yeah I think around the time I said that I started to see some of the harsh criticism come out. It's just unbelievable they have the record they do. 

2 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

Imagine having 30 years of Favre and Rodgers and winning only 1 SB each, with 3 appearances between them. 

SF had Montana and Young for only 19 years and won 5 SB. 

I would take it in a heartbeat

13 hours ago, Marqhead said:

It really has been a joy to watch the Packers this season. Keep it coming Aaron. 

He's straight up missing throws average QBs make. You can argue that he and his receivers aren't on the same page, but he's missing wide open guys like Trubisky used to. 

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Eventually it's empty. 

We're only saying that because we're QB starved Bear fans and you know it. 

No, they have been in place to win a Super Bowl for the better part of 30+ years.  You choose to call that empty 

3 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

No, they have been in place to win a Super Bowl for the better part of 30+ years.  You choose to call that empty 

But they've only been 3 times and won twice. With 2 consecutive HOF QBs, that ain't good enough. 

Niners did 5 in 10 fewer years. 

9 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Eventually it's empty. 

We're only saying that because we're QB starved Bear fans and you know it. 

And not to nitpick - but Favre won a superbowl and Rodgers won a superbowl. So that is 2 superbowls and they were competitive that entire window. It goes back to - it is hard to win a superbowl, let alone multiple ones.  

57 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

And not to nitpick - but Favre won a superbowl and Rodgers won a superbowl. So that is 2 superbowls and they were competitive that entire window. It goes back to - it is hard to win a superbowl, let alone multiple ones.  

Toward the end of Favre's GB career the Packers had some very average to bad years. IIRC the Bears pantsed them in 05-06 and then Favre had the best season in his career up until that point in 07. We all know how that ended. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

But they've only been 3 times and won twice. With 2 consecutive HOF QBs, that ain't good enough. 

Niners did 5 in 10 fewer years. 

How many teams have been truly competitive for 30+ years straight.  Come on man, this is a league of parity and that kind of success is extremely rare 

29 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

How many teams have been truly competitive for 30+ years straight.  Come on man, this is a league of parity and that kind of success is extremely rare 

When you have a window like that, maybe you should hold them to a higher standard.

Idk. 

I think it's ok to have that attitude when your QBs are the Jay Cutlers and Kirk Cousins of the world, but when you have the top of the top for 20+ years? 

The standard has been set. Even if you want to say 8 SBs with Brady/NE is the outlier, you still have Montana/Young with 5. 

I'd have to look and see what it's like in the salary cap era. 

Pat Mahomes has already been to 2 SBs. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

10 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

When you have a window like that, maybe you should hold them to a higher standard.

Idk. 

I think it's ok to have that attitude when your QBs are the Jay Cutlers and Kirk Cousins of the world, but when you have the top of the top for 20+ years? 

The standard has been set. Even if you want to say 8 SBs with Brady/NE is the outlier, you still have Montana/Young with 5. 

Montana young is over 35 years ago that is not a standard, it was before the current wildcard system and the league was wildly different 

pat Mahomes won one superbowl by your definition he is disappointing 

2 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Montana young is over 35 years ago that is not a standard, it was before the current wildcard system and the league was wildly different 

pat Mahomes won one superbowl by your definition he is disappointing 

Pat Mahomes is 27. He has a bunch of great years in front of him. 

4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Pat Mahomes is 27. He has a bunch of great years in front of him. 

He only won one of two superbowls and had been to three afc championships clearly it’s a let down and we should all be disappointed he has only won once.  If he was Montana it would be different 

22 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Idk. 

The answer is right in your post, just like those who ran into Michael Jordan saw.

• knightni changed the title to 2022-23 NFL Season thread
  • bmags locked this topic