2022-23 NFL Season thread

bmags

6 hours ago, Stinky Stanky said:

You could make a case that Santos has cost them three out of the last four games.  Celebrate.  Or not.

Cairo Santos is the Tank Commander. 

It is kinda wild just how many games they've been in with the lack of talent on this team. It makes competing next year less crazy to think about for team that's currently picking 2nd in the draft. 

1 hour ago, scs787 said:

Cairo Santos is the Tank Commander. 

It is kinda wild just how many games they've been in with the lack of talent on this team. It makes competing next year less crazy to think about for team that's currently picking 2nd in the draft. 

Reminds me that DC fans are calling the local NFL team the Commies.  A nice touch for our nation's Capital. 😁

It kinda depends. I'd almost rather it be the big collection of 1s from trading down to 10-12 a la the dolphins than to 6 or 7 and ending up with the 3rd best dl.

Use those extra ones to potentially package for a game changer without doing a 2019-21 era for the bears of no picks.

But if they did take anderson I think that's a good move. 

1 hour ago, knightni said:

If the Bears stay at 2, trade down, or take Anderson or Carter?

You really can't go wrong either way, but I'd prefer a trade down as long as we're only dropping to, say, the 6-10 range.  One thing we desperately need on this team is blue chip players, but we also just need a lot more talented players in general.  By trading down only a handful of spots, you still get a high quality player while also picking up extra draft picks.

That said, if the trade up offers aren't good because teams aren't enamored with a player at #2 (unlikely because some GM is always going to get desperate for a QB when they feel their job security is on the line), then take Anderson or Carter.  In an ideal world, we shore up the 3T spot in Free Agency (Payne) and then use the early pick on an Edge rusher.

To me, I think a lot will have to do with what they're able to actually accomplish in free agency. They have a ton of money, but that doesn't necessarily mean they'll fill all the key positions. 

I think if they're able to have a really strong free agent period and they look to be an impact DLmen away, I think you just get your guy in Carter or Anderson. 

Just watched an all 22 that focused in on Alex Leatherwood.....I'm not sure what took the Bears so long to get him on the field but man, he looked like a guy who would get drafted in the 1st round. He looks fixed. 

If he doesn't get every snap going forward it will be an absolute shame. If he keeps playing like he played against green Bay, he's a keeper. 

8 hours ago, SoxAce said:

Rams winning is absolutely HUGE for the Bears. Hell, might have to root for the Broncos to beat the Rams when they play each other in 2 weeks.

It’s still hard for me to believe a team with a defense as good as broncos will only win 3

14 hours ago, scs787 said:

Just watched an all 22 that focused in on Alex Leatherwood.....I'm not sure what took the Bears so long to get him on the field but man, he looked like a guy who would get drafted in the 1st round. He looks fixed. 

If he doesn't get every snap going forward it will be an absolute shame. If he keeps playing like he played against green Bay, he's a keeper. 

He had Mono and was out for a month and lost 25 pounds.

It wasn't until recently that he got back to playing weight and strength.

1 minute ago, knightni said:

He had Mono and was out for a month and lost 25 pounds.

It wasn't until recently that he got back to playing weight and strength.

yeah I'm actually not surprised it took this long, mono has really derailed some athletes years recently. 

I am surprised how good he looked, and am excited to see how he fares these last few weeks.

The Lions scare me a lot more going forward than the Pack and Vikes. They are finishing the season really strong and they have 2 first and 2 2nd round picks next year...Including the Rams pick which should be pretty high. 

NFC North is gonna be veryyyyy interesting. 

19 minutes ago, pcq said:

Watch out for the 7-6 Jets if they survive. Excellent defense and Mike White is the real deal. Someby gonna get whomped. 

Mike White got bent in half yesterday, have they put him in a body cast yet

• knightni changed the title to 2022-23 NFL Season thread
  • bmags locked this topic