2022-23 NFL Season thread

bmags

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

Not sure if it lasts but boy does the secondary look better with brisker, Gordon back

I've had some questions about Gordon, but he's looked really impressive today. 

Add a pass rush and the whole secondary looks better too. Though idk how Jaylon Johnson gets better. Dude is a stud. 

38 minutes ago, bmags said:

Question for fields haters who actually watched todays game…what do you think it looks like if fields has aj brown, Davante smith and that like instead of Byron Pringle and Dante Pettis?

And his offensive line as well. 

I thought there had been strides made on the OL for the Bears, but they looked no Bueno again today. I had high hopes for Leatherwood after last week, but now I don't know what to think. 

I'm not quite sure how sound this logic is, but I want Elgton Jenkins in the off-season. That obviously makes sense, but this may not...Dude can literally play every position on the OL. So what happens if Jones comes back stronger and is your LT? Well, ya put Jenkins at RT... What if Leatherwood is fixed too? Well, you can save some money and cut Whitehair and throw him at LG...can't hit on a OC in the draft or free agency? He can play there too......I'm sure he's gonna get tackle money, but his versatility really makes it possible to put your best 5 out there.

50 minutes ago, bmags said:

Now mcsorley in. Can Denver manage to score more than the cards with their third string? At home? With their d?

I believe the answer is yes...unless they go full blown Colts all of a sudden. Up 24-9 now. 

Good stuff! 

7 hours ago, Soxfest said:

Saturday sucked on Saturday

6 hours ago, scs787 said:

It's his neck. 

Also, Justin Fields is not a human being.

As I type this, there's another INT......Philly looking ahead to dem boys? 

Philly looked good but they weren’t great. I can see why they win games, but they looked sloppy in the early part of the game and if they are well defended, the officials let them play like they did today and the other team puts up points doesn’t allow many explosion plays, I can see them losing early on in the playoffs. What is sick is that they have the New Orleans first round draft pick.

5 hours ago, bmags said:

Whoever called Cairo santos as tank captain…boy you are correct. I kinda wonder if poles is secretly paying him for these XPTs lol

I went to the bathroom at the stadium when they scored. How bad was the miss?

4 hours ago, bmags said:

Question for fields haters who actually watched todays game…what do you think it looks like if fields has aj brown, Davante smith and that like instead of Byron Pringle and Dante Pettis?

He looks much better. But he still needs a better line to protect him. Quite truthfully they just need playmakers. They do not have many of those on their roster right now, they are hurt or have been traded away.

4 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

The defense has been respectable today.

Aside from that completion to AJ Brown and some conversions underneath that just happen, I was very satisfied today.

Eberflus brought up the need for a #1 WR(kind of) and it kinda got me wondering.....Would you roll the dice and trade down, perhaps twice, to the middle of the draft to pair Justin with his college teammate and one time top 5 projected Jaxon Smith-Njigba? 

I've done a few mocks where I trade down to 6 and then trade again down to 14 and picked up 2 1st round picks in next year's draft in the process.

Too big of a gamble on JSN? Would you do take Johnston if he's still there instead? 

55 minutes ago, scs787 said:

Eberflus brought up the need for a #1 WR(kind of) and it kinda got me wondering.....Would you roll the dice and trade down, perhaps twice, to the middle of the draft to pair Justin with his college teammate and one time top 5 projected Jaxon Smith-Njigba? 

I've done a few mocks where I trade down to 6 and then trade again down to 14 and picked up 2 1st round picks in next year's draft in the process.

Too big of a gamble on JSN? Would you do take Johnston if he's still there instead? 

I mean, you could just as easily trade down once, then trade up into the late first. Baltimore/pats always willing (rams may be willing to accrue picks too if you want two hops).

8 hours ago, TheTruth05 said:

Zach Wilson sitting while the 4th stringer plays is probably a sign he’s fully cooked.

I think Zach Wilson is bad but also boy that franchise and coaching staff were not ready for a young qb

1 hour ago, bmags said:

I think Zach Wilson is bad but also boy that franchise and coaching staff were not ready for a young qb

It was a weird marriage from the start for sure but you won’t find many Bears fans complaining about how it all ended up.

Sounds like Philly might move on from Kelce and I want him to be the Bears center next year. 

The guy absolutely looks like he's got a few more years in him. Him and Fields apparently talked after the game and he's a big fan of Fields. 

Sign him and draft a guy later to compete with Kramer as your center of the future.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, scs787 said:

Sounds like Philly might move on from Kelce and I want him to be the Bears center next year. 

The guy absolutely looks like he's got a few more years in him. Him and Fields apparently talked after the game and he's a big fan of Fields. 

Sign him and draft a guy later to compete with Kramer as your center of the future.  

I imagine lineman would be attracted to a run first team

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scs787 said:

I haven't seen anything about this but if true it's a no brainer. The guy is an ideal anchor for your OL & at the very worst an amazing stop gap while you find your C of the future. Bears should overpay as needed to land him.

8 hours ago, TheTruth05 said:

I haven't seen anything about this but if true it's a no brainer. The guy is an ideal anchor for your OL & at the very worst an amazing stop gap while you find your C of the future. Bears should overpay as needed to land him.

Philly drafted a center 51st overall last year(Cam Jurgens) and he's gotten the Kelce "Seal of approval." It's still possible they bring Kelce back and let Jurgens sit another year, but Philly has 15 key guys set to hit free agency. 

In other news, both Conklin and Elgton Jenkins came off the board yesterday as both were resigned. That's a bit of a bummer. I still very much want to believe that Braxton Jones can be a guy, whether it be at left or right tackle, but after seeing how bad Leatherwood was last week, the Bears absolutely need another good tackle....maybe 2. 

Also. Super bummed I volunteered to work today not knowing that the game is today. I have it set up to record though....I drive for a living and typically listen to sports talk radio all day. Today I'm actually gonna have to listen to music!

• Like 1

• knightni changed the title to 2022-23 NFL Season thread
  • bmags locked this topic