2022-23 NFL Season thread

bmags

54 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

There shouldn't be a Bears fan alive who wants to see the Bears win this game.

Lol true.

Also after some good podcasts this week I think I’d just as soon draft Anderson Jr or carter. Not a huge fan of what’s behind them

36 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Josh Allen has looked terrible (should've had 3 INTs this game) but other than Gordon, Bears defense loves to drop picks

Yeah this wind is brutal. If bears had an offensive line this is an easy win.

2 hours ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Houston won. If they win again, the Bears move up to #1.

Texans have the 7-8 Jaguars who are leading their division next week and the 4-12-1 Colts in week 17.

Bears have the 7-8 Lions who are 1 game out of a playoff spot and the Vikings who have a playoff spot clinched but who are currently 1 game ahead of the 49ers for the 2 seed.

9 hours ago, Marqhead said:

Hackett’s gotta get fired, right?

Doesn’t it make you feel bad for fangio? Blaming the guy for not getting you to the playoffs with drew lock starting last 4 games in the hardest division in football. 

Then they fire him, give next guy Russell Wilson, and he finishes as the 3rd worst team in a much weaker year.

Like in what world was any of fangios teams supposed to make the playoffs. And honestly they may have had a shot if bridgewater didn’t get hurt last year.

1 hour ago, bmags said:

Doesn’t it make you feel bad for fangio? Blaming the guy for not getting you to the playoffs with drew lock starting last 4 games in the hardest division in football. 

Then they fire him, give next guy Russell Wilson, and he finishes as the 3rd worst team in a much weaker year.

Like in what world was any of fangios teams supposed to make the playoffs. And honestly they may have had a shot if bridgewater didn’t get hurt last year.

Honestly elway has gotten far too many passes in Denver, and he has taken a lot of swings and big misses and this one might be his costliest

I see my Vikings are actually underdogs to the Packers this week, much of it due to the game is in GB

That being said, I dont look for them to go too far in the playoffs, their defense can be porous and I'm not sure Cousins can pull off the big win when the games on the line

I hope Im wrong

On 12/24/2022 at 10:35 PM, Balta1701 said:

Texans have the 7-8 Jaguars who are leading their division next week and the 4-12-1 Colts in week 17.

Bears have the 7-8 Lions who are 1 game out of a playoff spot and the Vikings who have a playoff spot clinched but who are currently 1 game ahead of the 49ers for the 2 seed.

The Colts look awful against the Chargers tonight. It is possible that if Houston plays like they did against the Titans they win one of their last two (against the Colts).

On 12/24/2022 at 12:24 PM, bmags said:

Lol true.

Also after some good podcasts this week I think I’d just as soon draft Anderson Jr or carter. Not a huge fan of what’s behind them

I'm kinda right there with you honestly.  I think one of those guys makes a far bigger impact than adding multiple lesser players. The question for would be if they trade down and gather some 1st round picks, would they use those 1st round picks like Miami did and trade them for impact players? 

I really think this team is a lot closer than people think. The secondary could look really good if they can manage to add really disruptive players to the DL like Anderson and Payne. The offense as a whole starts to look better if you can add to the OL. They should be able to add a good center in the 2nd round and they should be able to get a good RT in free agency.  

1 hour ago, scs787 said:

I'm kinda right there with you honestly.  I think one of those guys makes a far bigger impact than adding multiple lesser players. The question for would be if they trade down and gather some 1st round picks, would they use those 1st round picks like Miami did and trade them for impact players? 

I really think this team is a lot closer than people think. The secondary could look really good if they can manage to add really disruptive players to the DL like Anderson and Payne. The offense as a whole starts to look better if you can add to the OL. They should be able to add a good center in the 2nd round and they should be able to get a good RT in free agency.  

But the difficulty for Chicago vs Miami is timing.

Miami had already been able to draft a Jaylen waddle.

The bears starting from years of lack of first round picks means very few young blue chip players

• knightni changed the title to 2022-23 NFL Season thread
  • bmags locked this topic