2022-23 NFL Season thread

bmags

On 12/25/2022 at 12:27 AM, Harry Chappas said:

If the Bears get the 1 they trade it to Houston then trade the 2 to the Lions and get draft capital for the next 3 years,

Do we trust the Bears with the first pick in the draft if they do get it?

16 hours ago, bmags said:

In an unbelievable turn of events, Josh mcdaniels relationship with his inherited starting QB has soured.

Who could have possibly seen this coming.  

if you are the Raiders, you honestly have to wonder if you just cut the cord again because this season has been an absolute nightmare and a lot of that lays at McDaniels feet

On 12/26/2022 at 1:34 PM, Chisoxfn said:

Didn’t people like the hire back when they made it? Goes to show you how you never know. 

It sounds like they only hired Hackett to lure Rodgers, but that didn't work out

20 hours ago, bmags said:

In an unbelievable turn of events, Josh mcdaniels relationship with his inherited starting QB has soured.

So Davante Adams is repeatedly out there today saying that he came to LV to play with Carr.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CmvRY_SrCqJ/

Tons of cap space available on the Bears and a clear need at the WR position, possible match there? 

5 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

So Davante Adams is repeatedly out there today saying that he came to LV to play with Carr.

Tons of cap space available on the Bears and a clear need at the WR position, possible match there? 

Trade back from the 2 spot to the Raiders for their first round pick (probably end up top 8 or 9) , Adams, and maybe their 2nd round pick? The 1st is worth 2600 points, the 9th pick is worth around 1350, their 2nd rounder is worth 500. So that puts Adams' value at a late first round pick, which is probably what his true value is given his contract. 

Raiders can get Stroud, Bears can get a tackle with the 8th pick, a top tier WR, and a nice piece with the 2nd rounder. 

Edited by chw42
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, T R U said:

It sounds like they only hired Hackett to lure Rodgers, but that didn't work out

Very true - and they panicked and than swinging big for Wilson as a plan b without thinking much about it. To some extent I get why - he had a long pedigree of success…but man did it backfire. 

21 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Raiders will also need a QB and have a lot of assets once they trade Carr. I could see a match of picks and Devonte lining up for a trade up to get a QB. 

And if not that - if Bears move down they can make it happen by using some of the picks they have. 

16 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Raiders will also need a QB and have a lot of assets once they trade Carr. I could see a match of picks and Devonte lining up for a trade up to get a QB. 

And if not that - if Bears move down they can make it happen by using some of the picks they have. 

I don't think Carr will return much to be honest. He's a cut candidate this offseason & didn't exactly light it up this season. People are saying the Colts are his sure fire destination but I'm thinking the reason Irsay let Ballard stay is because he promised going all in on a young QB. It'll be interesting how the offseason plays out. A lot of options for the Bears especially if they end up with the #1 pick.

Edited by TheTruth05

43 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Very true - and they panicked and than swinging big for Wilson as a plan b without thinking much about it. To some extent I get why - he had a long pedigree of success…but man did it backfire. 

You have to imagine with a better coach and system he should rebound. Its very odd that a franchise level QB just falls off a cliff like that.

6 hours ago, chw42 said:

Trade back from the 2 spot to the Raiders for their first round pick (probably end up top 8 or 9) , Adams, and maybe their 2nd round pick? The 1st is worth 2600 points, the 9th pick is worth around 1350, their 2nd rounder is worth 500. So that puts Adams' value at a late first round pick, which is probably what his true value is given his contract. 

Raiders can get Stroud, Bears can get a tackle with the 8th pick, a top tier WR, and a nice piece with the 2nd rounder. 

I'd prefer they try and do something similar with the Bengals for Higgins if possible, but yes, I'd be down with this. 

Right now, I'm all in on Jalen Carter. Especially after reading an article ESPN just put out on him that I'll link below. I love Will Anderson and I think, if put in the right situation, he's gonna be a star. That said, I'm not so sure his right situation is in a 4-3. 

Jalen Carter, who went to the same high school as Warren Sapp, is the next Warren Sapp. This is THE guy in this draft. A trade down sounds fun, but right now, my mind has been made. 

I hope I don't jinx him and he has a stinker tonight. Lol. Super excited to watch him live. 

4 hours ago, scs787 said:

Right now, I'm all in on Jalen Carter. Especially after reading an article ESPN just put out on him that I'll link below. I love Will Anderson and I think, if put in the right situation, he's gonna be a star. That said, I'm not so sure his right situation is in a 4-3. 

Jalen Carter, who went to the same high school as Warren Sapp, is the next Warren Sapp. This is THE guy in this draft. A trade down sounds fun, but right now, my mind has been made. 

I hope I don't jinx him and he has a stinker tonight. Lol. Super excited to watch him live. 

Has he done anything tonight? I turned the game on in the 3rd and didn’t see much out of him.

9 hours ago, The Beast said:

Has he done anything tonight? I turned the game on in the 3rd and didn’t see much out of him.

He garnered a ton of attention pretty much the whole game. Early on he had a sick swim move to create pressure and later on he was clearly held and tackled when he should have gotten another sack. 

Stat line wasn't pretty, but he absolutely made a difference. The Bears need that type of guy who requires extra attention to open things up for other people.... Kinda wild that Will Anderson didn't even have a tackle and Carter only had 1.

Honestly I want both him and Payne on the interior. I wanna do the same with DE. Add a free agent and a 2nd or 3rd round pick. 

Ideal off-season includes a high end DT, DE, and OT in free agency and a high pick on DT, DE, and IOL(center) in the draft. 

Edited by scs787
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, scs787 said:

He garnered a ton of attention pretty much the whole game. Early on he had a sick swim move to create pressure and later on he was clearly held and tackled when he should have gotten another sack. 

Stat line wasn't pretty, but he absolutely made a difference. The Bears need that type of guy who requires extra attention to open things up for other people.... Kinda wild that Will Anderson didn't even have a tackle and Carter only had 1.

Honestly I want both him and Payne on the interior. I wanna do the same with DE. Add a free agent and a 2nd or 3rd round pick. 

Ideal off-season includes a high end DT, DE, and OT in free agency and a high pick on DT, DE, and IOL(center) in the draft. 

Cool, thanks for filling me in. It would be something if they could trade the puck and still get a top d lineman in the first round.

• knightni changed the title to 2022-23 NFL Season thread
  • bmags locked this topic