2022-23 NFL Season thread

bmags

Also now that we have the number one pick I fully support all bears fans loudly talking about how they’d rather draft Wilson over fields. I hear he is a generational QB, best accuracy since Rodgers. Bears would need a HUGE trade to consider not drafting Wilson.

• Haha 1

So as of right now lions (6,18), Seattle(3, 16) and Houston (2, 12) have two picks in this draft and could use the first pick.  Lions seem unlikely, Houston would be an all time boner losing that game and having to trade back into that slot, Seattle would be awesome because you could still theoretically get Anderson 

12 minutes ago, bmags said:

Also now that we have the number one pick I fully support all bears fans loudly talking about how they’d rather draft Wilson over fields. I hear he is a generational QB, best accuracy since Rodgers. Bears would need a HUGE trade to consider not drafting Wilson.

They would still get a haul for Fields, so it’s also like trading out of the No. 1, so it can work. I don’t think they should or will, but they can certainly consider it 

32 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

So as of right now lions (6,18), Seattle(3, 16) and Houston (2, 12) have two picks in this draft and could use the first pick.  Lions seem unlikely, Houston would be an all time boner losing that game and having to trade back into that slot, Seattle would be awesome because you could still theoretically get Anderson 

Detroit could definitely be in play for a long term QB option.

You could definitely get teams like the Colts offering a top 10 pick, an early second rounder, and maybe a 2nd next year? Maybe the Raiders would do a first this year and next?

If the Bears believe  Young at QB + whatever draft capital is gained from trading Fields, is greater than Fields at QB and #1 draft capital, they have to do it. They can’t be worried about perception. Especially if Young is believed to be a generational talent

Edited by Flash Tizzle

40 minutes ago, bmags said:

Um, who's Wilson? You meant Bryce Young right? 

29 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Um, who's Wilson? You meant Bryce Young right? 

I did yes, I don’t know why I always pair Wilson with Bryce. Is there a Bryce Wilson? Is it just generic last name substitution? We’ll never know.

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

Detroit could definitely be in play for a long term QB option.

You could definitely get teams like the Colts offering a top 10 pick, an early second rounder, and maybe a 2nd next year? Maybe the Raiders would do a first this year and next?

I meant unlikely in that the Bears might be reluctant to allow Detroit to pick a guy with their spot who will Potentially terrorize them for years

• The Dolphins traded the third overall pick in 2021 (Trey Lance) to the 49ers for the 12th overall pick in 2021, first- and third-round picks in 2022, and a first-round pick in 2023.

• The Titans traded the first overall pick in 2016 (Jared Goff), as well and fourth- and sixth-round picks in 2016 to the Rams for the 15th overall pick in 2016,two second and one third round pick in 2016, and first- and third-round picks in 2017.

• The Browns traded the second overall pick in 2016 (Carson Wentz) and a conditional fifth-round pick to the Eagles for the eighth overall pick in 2017, as well as third- and fourth-round picks in 2017, a first-round pick in 2017, and a second-round pick in 2018.

• The Rams traded the second overall pick in 2012 (Robert Griffin III) to Washington for the sixth overall pick in 2012, a second-round pick in 2012, and first-round picks both in 2013 and 2014.

https://www.phillyvoice.com/recent-history-teams-trading-back-nfl-draft-and-acquiring-future-first-round-pick/

Depending on the pick you got, it sure looks like "3 first round picks and change" is probably an important goalpost if the Bears start taking offers. 

• Love 1

8 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Colts getting the 4th pick is huge.  Could create a nice bidding war between them and the Texans and provides you with a high probability of landing Anderson & Carter regardless of who trades up.

I think this is absolutely the most ideal scenario. 

I so badly want Payne to hit free agency and to add Carter or Anderson.  Perhaps even throw in one of the higher end DEs as well. With this secondary looking to be pretty dang good, if you add 2 huge cogs to the DL, this defense should absolutely be playoff caliber. 

Washington has soooo much talent on their DL that they still have to pay so I'm hoping they let Payne go....I do fear that he played too good. Among DTs he was 2nd in sacks and 1st in TFLs. If he hits the market the Bears CAN'T be outbid. 

• Like 1

• bmags locked this topic