2022-23 NFL Season thread

bmags

18 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Colts getting the 4th pick is huge.  Could create a nice bidding war between them and the Texans and provides you with a high probability of landing Anderson & Carter regardless of who trades up.

Exactly. And the possibility of getting pick 31 and then a future first from colts to still then get Carter.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bmags said:

I hope Bears get some better luck next year on SOS. Been a brutal run recently. 

They did

HOME

Lions
Packers
Vikings
Falcons
Panthers
Broncos
Raiders
Cardinals

AWAY

Lions
Packers
Vikings
Chiefs
Chargers
Saints
Buccaneers
Commanders
Browns

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Marqhead said:

They did

HOME

Lions
Packers
Vikings
Falcons
Panthers
Broncos
Raiders
Cardinals

AWAY

Lions
Packers
Vikings
Chiefs
Chargers
Saints
Buccaneers
Commanders
Browns

That’s what we thought this year. The season will tell.

1 minute ago, bmags said:

That’s what we thought this year. The season will tell.

Yeah, but I’d say especially at home looks good. FalconsPanthersBroncosRaiders, and Cardinals aren’t exactly on the up and up. 

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Colts getting the 4th pick is huge.  Could create a nice bidding war between them and the Texans and provides you with a high probability of landing Anderson & Carter regardless of who trades up.

A great scenario would be Texans moving up to 1 and than Colts eventually moving up to 4. I’d like that a lot. 

Also - I know someone very close to Bryce Young (from his Mater Dei days). No idea if he has changed but I was told his character is absolutely outstanding. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, The Beast said:

If I remember correctly, Lovie was on a short term deal anyway. I don’t see it written anywhere but he is in his mid 60s and at least he went out with a win.

He was very obviously a caretaker for them when no one else wanted the job last year after they were trying to hire Josh McCown or whatever they thought that mess was. 

When I look at this Lions team, I see a team going into the 2023 season that’s comparable to the 2017 LA Rams. On the verge of really breaking out. I always hear people say Campbell is a bad coach too. I just watched a head coach call one of the best and gutsiest games ever. That was something to watch.

6 hours ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Lions have Goff under contract thru 2024. Don’t see why they’d be in play for a QB this draft.

5 hours ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Goff isn’t old. He’s 28 and in the prime of his career. Don’t see why they’d draft a QB high in the first round in 2023.

5 hours ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

He’s 28 and a top 12 QB in the league. They should be talking about extending him, not picking his successor.

2 hours ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Lions are a big problem for the NFCN moving forward. You guys can hate on Goff all you want but that team is about to get scary. 8-2 to finish the season, super young, and a ton of draft picks next draft. They’re a problem.

1 hour ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

When I look at this Lions team, I see a team going into the 2023 season that’s comparable to the 2017 LA Rams. On the verge of really breaking out. I always hear people say Campbell is a bad coach too. I just watched a head coach call one of the best and gutsiest games ever. That was something to watch.

Dude, you like the Lions. We get it. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

What’s going to be interesting this off-season is to see what Poles does and doesn’t say about Fields. If they’re smart, he should give off lukewarm feelings and say everything is on the table. Publicly going all-in on Fields, even if that is the case, only hurts them when talking to other teams. 

• bmags locked this topic