2022-23 NFL Season thread

bmags

15 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I think he wants HCs who will say "yes sir Mr Jones" because the last time he got a coach who spoke his mind and did what he wanted to do, Parcells, they fought quite a lot and he has never gone back to that type of HC

Wow I completely forgot about the Parcells era. 

I do think that it's not that far off from how Pitt is handled, where he at least buoys his HCs with big budgets to build excellent staffs. But clearly Tomlin >>> Garrett, McCarthy as he seems to get more out of less.

13 minutes ago, bmags said:

Wow I completely forgot about the Parcells era. 

I do think that it's not that far off from how Pitt is handled, where he at least buoys his HCs with big budgets to build excellent staffs. But clearly Tomlin >>> Garrett, McCarthy as he seems to get more out of less.

Yea but the Pitt Steelers have a clear top down structure.  They have a GM who the coach answers to, they don’t have the Rooneys making personnel decisions and talking s%*# to the press and all the sideshow that comes with Jerry.  From far back it doesn’t seem that different with how they handle the money and supporting the team but the closer you get the more Jerry’s  fingerprints are all over it in dallas

my man, Mahomes is out here breaking records every day.  The guy doesn’t know what it’s like to fail to make the championship game.  I fucking love Burrow and think he has a good chance of winning this weekend but COME ON

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

my man, Mahomes is out here breaking records every day.  The guy doesn’t know what it’s like to fail to make the championship game.  I fucking love Burrow and think he has a good chance of winning this weekend but COME ON

Kyle, you know these short clips are created so they can be shared on message boards like this, correct? These morning shows are simply in the hot take business, what clips can go viral. That's allllll that matters. This new class of "analysts" aren't there to give you good information, they are there to create takes that can get people debating. 

3 minutes ago, Tony said:

Kyle, you know these short clips are created so they can be shared on message boards like this, correct? These morning shows are simply in the hot take business, what clips can go viral. That's allllll that matters. This new class of "analysts" aren't there to give you good information, they are there to create takes that can get people debating. 

I can still call a spade a spade!  Plus Orlovsky is annoying lol

11 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I can still call a spade a spade!  Plus Orlovsky is annoying lol

They want you to call a spade a spade hahaha.

By the way, I hate it...it's trash TV...but I try not to let myself fall into the trap

Dane Brugler's top 15 by position came out. I think most interesting is skowronski put into guard (as was cody mauch from north dakota state).

He was higher on Jalin Hyatt than some I've seen.

I don't know, I'm kinda luke warm on Brugler, just kinda nice how many writeups he does.

20 minutes ago, Tony said:

They want you to call a spade a spade hahaha.

By the way, I hate it...it's trash TV...but I try not to let myself fall into the trap

It forced its way into my feed like 30 times yesterday, I don’t watch those shows voluntarily 

1 minute ago, Kyyle23 said:

It forced its way into my feed like 30 times yesterday, I don’t watch those shows voluntarily 

I didn't think you did, lol. 

What's also weird is I can't imagine who the people are that actually "watch" those shows daily. I don't even know if they are in it for the broadcast, I feel like it's built for social 

Just now, Tony said:

I didn't think you did, lol. 

What's also weird is I can't imagine who the people are that actually "watch" those shows daily. I don't even know if they are in it for the broadcast, I feel like it's built for social 

One of my former supervisors is around my age and watches first take and undisputed every day religiously.  I asked him what he actually got from those argumentative discussions and he just seems to enjoy the nonsense s%*# talking and yelling 🤷

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

One of my former supervisors is around my age and watches first take and undisputed every day religiously.  I asked him what he actually got from those argumentative discussions and he just seems to enjoy the nonsense s%*# talking and yelling 🤷

What a weirdo 😂

7 hours ago, bmags said:

Dane Brugler's top 15 by position came out. I think most interesting is skowronski put into guard (as was cody mauch from north dakota state).

He was higher on Jalin Hyatt than some I've seen.

I don't know, I'm kinda luke warm on Brugler, just kinda nice how many writeups he does.

The deeper I dive into the arm length argument the more scared I get. Without diving too deep, I can't really find a good OT with arms shorter than 33". 

15 minutes ago, scs787 said:

The deeper I dive into the arm length argument the more scared I get. Without diving too deep, I can't really find a good OT with arms shorter than 33". 

Braden Smith

image.png

Damn it feels good to be a GM. It’s hard to see, but I got two first round picks and a third round pick in 2024 and plugged a lot of holes. You can also get a first round pick for Fields using this simulator too.

Edited by The Beast

22 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I would be so pissed if they traded out of the top 5 lmao

I wouldn't. Not with all of the assets like that acquired. Plus they are more geared up for the future starting next year. This isn't a one year fix. 

Now if they traded out of the top 5 with only one trade with a team, then yea.. I would be pissed too. Two teams or more who wanna move up and the Bears stay in the top 5-7? By all means. (Seahawks and Falcons deals are probably pipe dreams though).

2 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

I wouldn't. Not with all of the assets like that acquired. Plus they are more geared up for the future starting next year. This isn't a one year fix. 

Now if they traded out of the top 5 with only one trade with a team, then yea.. I would be pissed too. Two teams or more who wanna move up and the Bears stay in the top 5-7? By all means. (Seahawks and Falcons deals are probably pipe dreams though).

I think they can acquire a haul and stay in top 5.  I’m here for having my cake and eating it, I want Anderson or Carter 

9 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I think they can acquire a haul and stay in top 5.  I’m here for having my cake and eating it, I want Anderson or Carter 

I don't think the double trade down is realistic. I think the one out of top 5 to circle would be carolina. To some extent, wouldn't be too opposed just because a) 9 to 1 would be a legitimate haul and b) I don't see carolina being great with a rookie QB.

As much as I want this draft to be fun, having two potential top 15 picks next year is a must. Grass is always greener, but the offensive talent expected next year is tremendous.

At 9, you can probably still get a very good edge or tackle. With edge being deep, probably go tackle. 

But you are trading out bird in the hand blue chip prospect for a next year one.

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

I don't think the double trade down is realistic. I think the one out of top 5 to circle would be carolina. To some extent, wouldn't be too opposed just because a) 9 to 1 would be a legitimate haul and b) I don't see carolina being great with a rookie QB.

As much as I want this draft to be fun, having two potential top 15 picks next year is a must. Grass is always greener, but the offensive talent expected next year is tremendous.

At 9, you can probably still get a very good edge or tackle. With edge being deep, probably go tackle. 

But you are trading out bird in the hand blue chip prospect for a next year one.

I expect it to get pretty desperate around draft day, I’m sure someone will convince themselves that Levis is surely not the next Tim Couch

1 hour ago, SoxAce said:

1 hour ago, bmags said:

I thing trading down to the 4th pick with the Colts getting number one is the most ideal scenario. Houston and the Colts can take the QBs, Arizona takes Carter and the Bears take Anderson. Then they get a decent amount of picks. I don’t think they’ll double trade down unless some team is desperate and they are offered a haul.

Agreed with the point on Carolina and needing to be in the top 15 next year, possibly with two picks.

• bmags locked this topic