2022-23 NFL Season thread

bmags

I wish I could just not be right about anything for my entire career and end up as the premier analyst for 20+ years.  Lol boy oh boy if the bears just sat put and drafted carter would the internet explode 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I wish I could just not be right about anything for my entire career and end up as the premier analyst for 20+ years.  Lol boy oh boy if the bears just sat put and drafted carter would the internet explode 

It looks like he's just not doing trades so fair enough.

I'm a big Jalen Carter fan but the fact that kiper has him #1 really makes me wonder.

4 minutes ago, Joshua Strong said:

I find it laughable that people think Brock Purdy is better than Trey Lance. 

Give me a break

Trey has played like 1 season out of the last four.  It’s fair to question if he will ever get to the finished product that he is projected to be.  So far Purdy has done what he was told and won games.  Neither have had enough time to show what they really are but Trey needs to play and he hasn’t done that since 2019

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

I’m still hoping Houston does the final dumbest thing and swaps 2 and 12 so they can guarantee the QB they want (which will be Levis)

And then trade down to 4 for 4/35 and still get Carter. That'd just be ridiculous.  

4- Carter

12- Best OT available

35- in this dream JSN slips 

53- best DE available 

Top of the 3rd- best OC available 

Add Payne or Hargraves and Davenport in FA. DL becomes Davenport-Payne-Carter-53/Dom/Gipson

Add in the OG Bmags wanted and let Cody battle with the rookie and Patrick. I think Mr. All Rookie team Braxton Jones deserves a spot at either LT or RT, figure it out with him and the 12th pick. 

All of a sudden the trenches go from a big time liability to a strength in 1 offseason.  

Edited by scs787
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, scs787 said:

And then trade down to 4 for 4/35 and still get Carter. That'd just be ridiculous.  

4- Carter

12- Best OT available

35- in this dream JSN slips 

53- best DE available 

Top of the 3rd- best OC available 

Add Payne or Hargraves and Davenport in FA. DL becomes Davenport-Payne-Carter-53/Dom/Gipson

Add in the OG Bmags wanted and let Cody battle with the rookie and Patrick. I think Mr. All Rookie team Braxton Jones deserves a spot at either LT or RT, figure it out with him and the 12th pick. 

All of a sudden the trenches go from a big time liability to a strength in 1 offseason.  

As long as when Patrick inevitably hurts himself again, Mustipher isn’t the next guy up 

34 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

As long as when Patrick inevitably hurts himself again, Mustipher isn’t the next guy up 

Lol in a perfect world the OC you draft is a stud right outta the gate(I like the Minnesota guy). Patrick is your backup and Whitehair is your backup OG/emergency center. 

I'd much rather see the guy they drafted from Illinois than Mustipher.  

25 minutes ago, Tony said:

Is it for certain Lucas Patrick is coming back next year? I know nothing is for certain, but based on his contract structure, do you guys think he's back on the roster? 

Probably depends on the upcoming offseason, but he does have a leg up because of Guetsy 

43 minutes ago, Tony said:

Is it for certain Lucas Patrick is coming back next year? I know nothing is for certain, but based on his contract structure, do you guys think he's back on the roster? 

I don't think it's certain, wouldn't be shocked if he restructures. Anytime a guy on a two year deal gets mostly injured his first year, seems like they are gone.

Still I dream about Jason Kelce.

What a weird coaching offseason.

Insane to hire hackett. Absolutely insane. I'd hire Nagy 100x over Hackett.

Irsay it sounds like is going to force Saturday in there.

Carolina it feels like wants a Pederson-like hire, so I'd bet Reich ends up there, but maybe Kafka?

I hope Fangio goes to Miami, he'll love that secondary. Please no MN.

No idea who jumps to AZ/HOU

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

What a weird coaching offseason.

Insane to hire hackett. Absolutely insane. I'd hire Nagy 100x over Hackett.

Irsay it sounds like is going to force Saturday in there.

Carolina it feels like wants a Pederson-like hire, so I'd bet Reich ends up there, but maybe Kafka?

I hope Fangio goes to Miami, he'll love that secondary. Please no MN.

No idea who jumps to AZ/HOU

A lot of people think Moore has the Carolina job

2 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

A lot of people think Moore has the Carolina job

oh wow. If Quinn goes to Denver and Moore goes to Carolina...boy oh boy when does Jerry look at that and say "ok i'm getting payton"

16 minutes ago, bmags said:

oh wow. If Quinn goes to Denver and Moore goes to Carolina...boy oh boy when does Jerry look at that and say "ok i'm getting payton"

It’s hard to believe Jerry hasn’t launched McCarthy yet, he has not renewed/let go 5 of his assistants 

2 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

Sign Da'Ron Payne, draft Will Anderson, profit. 

Good. He's the type of guy I have no problem overpaying for. Frontload the deal while you still have Justin on his rookie contract. 

Payne to me is someone the Bears can't let go anywhere else. I also don't think it takes Carter out of the picture. 

Anderson is obviously a stud but I do worry about him being undersized at the next level. I hope if he's the guy the Bears get a little more adventurous and play him out wide. 

25 minutes ago, scs787 said:

Good. He's the type of guy I have no problem overpaying for. Frontload the deal while you still have Justin on his rookie contract. 

Payne to me is someone the Bears can't let go anywhere else. I also don't think it takes Carter out of the picture. 

Anderson is obviously a stud but I do worry about him being undersized at the next level. I hope if he's the guy the Bears get a little more adventurous and play him out wide. 

The way he uses his hands plus his production against SEC tackles, I have zero doubts about anderson

• bmags locked this topic