2022-23 NFL Season thread

bmags

3 hours ago, bmags said:

I still think Reich is a good coach, personally. And most importantly, he'll be able to bring a good staff.

What I had heard was he's a phenomenal person who will need to put at least few more assholes around him than he had at Indy...almost had too many nice guys on staff

34 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

What I had heard was he's a phenomenal person who will need to put at least few more assholes around him than he had at Indy...almost had too many nice guys on staff

Maybe bring Brian Flores to be DC

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

TODD YOU BETTER NOT BE FOOLIN

They are in such a terrible position. They are the main leverage to get more out of those behind them who have more value. By trade value, they should not trade too much, but they may be forced to. Best thing that can happen is they decide that actually the florida qb is their guy and decide to trade up from 12 rather than rely on 2.

When do QBs start watching film to study defenses? High school? College?

How many years has Fields watched film to learn to read defenses?

At this point, I don't believe he is able to read a defense until he has held the ball too long after it is snapped.

How much more film must the young man study before he can read a defense fast enough to QB a football team with a realistic chance of winning on the reg?

I understand he is a threat in the running game. But that's why there's Montgomery and Herbert and Ebnah.

I want a QB that can read a defense, like, right now. And I want him now.

Maybe Fields gets it someday, but let some other team learn him up.

I say get what you can for Fields now while his value is high.

And get a QB good at studying film and actually learn from it. Not just sit there like he's watching TV.

People talk about Brady identifying the defense as he breaks the huddle walking to the line.

A QB that is doing that would increase Da Bears chances of winning logrhythmically I always say.

2 hours ago, Bossanoveralls said:

At this point, I don't believe he is able to read a defense until he has held the ball too long after it is snapped.

How much more film must the young man study before he can read a defense fast enough to QB a football team with a realistic chance of winning on the reg?

I understand he is a threat in the running game. But that's why there's Montgomery and Herbert and Ebnah.

And get a QB good at studying film and actually learn from it. Not just sit there like he's watching TV.

People talk about Brady identifying the defense as he breaks the huddle walking to the line.

A QB that is doing that would increase Da Bears chances of winning logrhythmically I always say.

This is the “call the touchdown play” of team building

34 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

If Fields was in this draft he would be 1-1.  How do we know Young is better.

We don’t. It’s a pretty ridiculous proposition. Bears fans get their first legit QB prospect in decades and they want to ditch him and try again. 

• Like 1

The dream scenario is the Texans getting so desperate for Young due to the Colts seriously pursuing that they give up the 1.12 to move up a spot.  Seems very unlikely, but you never know given how shitty the state of NFL QBs are at the moment.  But damn, would allow us to grab one of the top WRs in the class which would be fucking awesome.

If there's any team that can trade alot of assets and still be good for the future, it's the Texans. They have 2 1st round picks this year and 2 next year. If they wanted, they could trade both picks, move up a spot, trade next year's 1st and still have a 1st round pick. Obviously that might be too rich and likely they won't do that, but it's fun to dream.

Edited by SoxAce
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, SoxAce said:

If there's any team that can trade alot of assets and still be good for the future, it's the Texans. They have 2 1st round picks this year and 2 next year. If they wanted, they could trade both picks, move up a spot, trade next year's 1st and still have a 1st round pick. Obviously that might be too rich and likely they won't do that, but it's fun to dream.

To be honest, I worry they will go the carr route though. They have not really been burned like Indy, wash, Carolina have on the qb carousel.

Meanwhile demeco Ryan…would he really have experienced it being bad to put ok QBs around a great team?

it would suck if they go and get Carr and then draft Carter/Anderson and suddenly 4 is missing the big two

On 1/28/2023 at 6:23 AM, Bossanoveralls said:

Ohio State quarterbacks always scare me, haha, its got me scared about the Colts and Stroud.

They start watching in high school, but yes there is a difference between watching and studying, and all of that transferring to reads at the line and during the play.

The NFC game sucked, but at least the AFC game was competitive. There was lots of chirping on social media about the officiating, but I don’t know that any call swung the outcome of these games. Even the one where the Chiefs got a second third down because of a clock issue (I think that is what happened).

Edited by The Beast

• bmags locked this topic