2022-23 NFL Season thread

bmags

18 minutes ago, scs787 said:

Hard to believe Kmet is only 23. I feel like he's been around forever. 

I think I mentioned before but hopefully the velus experience conditioned people to seeing older rookies because this class has a lot of them. Popular center in mock drafts is John Michael Schmitz will be 24 at the draft, and there's a bunch like him.

15 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Alot of kids using that extra year of eligibility cuz of the covid rule.

Yeah exactly. Not sure if this year will be the biggest of that or if it will trickle thru 2025.

PFF updated their top 50 FAs with salary projections. 
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2023-free-agent-rankings-free-agency

Some notables:

DTs:
Javon Hargave 3 yrs / $55 $36 guaranteed
Daron Payne 4 yrs/ $80 $55 guaranteed

OTs
Mike McGlinchey 4 yrs / $62 $38 guaranteed
Orlando Brown 5 yrs / $102 $70 guaranteed
Kaleb McGary 4 yrs / $52 $22 guaranteed

Brown still scares me a bit. Idk how well a guy his size and lack of athleticism will age. That said, on a front loaded deal, I'm fine with that contract. 

Payne remains a top priority, but I would not be mad with Hargrave at all. It might actually be beneficial to bring in the guy with his type of experience in the NFL. 

Call me crazy, but I want Juju. I think his "Bad reputation" is completely overblown. Claypool says he's the best teammate he's ever played with and I actually think they will be good for each other.  Unlocking Claypools huge potential would be big. 

I think Diontae Johnson and Mooney are very comparable players. That Diontae/Juju/Claypool team went 12-4. I think Kmet is better than Ebron and Monty/Herbert are 10x better than Connors. Add in the mobility of Fields over an older Big Ben as well. 

8 hours ago, The Beast said:

So you rebuilt the defense, built up the trenches and signed a WR in free agency?

Yup. I would also sign Payne and Powers as well. 

CB isn't a huge need, but I love Ringo and couldn't pass on him at 54. Bears secondary could be one of the best in the NFL.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, scs787 said:

image.png

I think if you want a realistic trade you have to keep it to 80% or above. No way you get that future first or third rounder without sending back more. Esp to just move back to five

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

Any news on the Bears? Are they leaving for Arlington or staying put? Are they gonna build the palace the honorable Lightfoot was proposing or splittsville to suburbia?

They will be heading to the suburbs. It would be very surprising if they tried to do another spaceship landing in Soldier Field Renovation. It also has the benefit of being the right decision for the city too, a domed stadium will host a Chicago Super Bowl before 2030, and it's going to be super cool, the entire Super Bowl crowd will freeze and find a deep dish pizza place and just be in awe of how well it works.  The Chicago Bears should be one of the NFL's Marquee Franchises, they should have a 75000-80000 seat domed stadium for football games and the occasional visit by Beyoncé in the suburbs, and they will have a huge waitlist for tickets once its built.

I don't know what they will do with Soldier Field, this is legitimately a conundrum to me. I don't know if the right decision there is to demolish the monstrosity they built and try to restore the classic field or just demolish the whole thing, that would depend on who might use a 50,000 seat stadium near the lake with no skyboxes. This is a challenge for someone who knows the options better than me to figure out.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

They will be heading to the suburbs. It would be very surprising if they tried to do another spaceship landing in Soldier Field Renovation. It also has the benefit of being the right decision for the city too, a domed stadium will host a Chicago Super Bowl before 2030, and it's going to be super cool, the entire Super Bowl crowd will freeze and find a deep dish pizza place and just be in awe of how well it works.  The Chicago Bears should be one of the NFL's Marquee Franchises, they should have a 75000-80000 seat domed stadium for football games and the occasional visit by Beyoncé in the suburbs, and they will have a huge waitlist for tickets once its built.

I don't know what they will do with Soldier Field, this is legitimately a conundrum to me. I don't know if the right decision there is to demolish the monstrosity they built and try to restore the classic field or just demolish the whole thing, that would depend on who might use a 50,000 seat stadium near the lake with no skyboxes. This is a challenge for someone who knows the options better than me to figure out.

They will use that place for music events, high school, college, and soccer games until it falls apart. The city will walk away as soon as it needs to be fixed for real.

they have 130 suites/skyboxes in that place just nothing remotely close to the current competition in the league(Dallas has 380)

• Like 1

They'll never be able to build anything else on soldier field because a certain group believes their condo gives them ownership of the public land across from them as well, including the views, air, essence.

12 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

Without getting political, this (to me) is one of the biggest stories in Chicago sports history and (at least I) you don't hear much about it. Again I don't want to force my political views out here (everybody who reads my comments know I'm not a fan of my city anymore cause of my perception of leadership at top) but it seems to me there's not nuff outrage that a huge city like Chicago is losing its NFL team to a place called Arlington Heights. To me it's a collosal loss for the city, but again, maybe that's just me. I'd think there'd be outrage for a lot of people regarding this situation. Peace out as always and may debris from a balloon never fall your way.

You could just not mention anything being political and just said all that stuff without all the “it’s not political” and the balloon crap.  It isn’t hard.  You don’t have to say you don’t like it with all that other stuff added in.  This is a business decision by the bears because they want to own their own stadium, which is totally reasonable.  The city has held them hostage over soldier field for years, and now I hope they are happy because it’s all theirs now. 

4 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

You could just not mention anything being political and just said all that stuff without all the “it’s not political” and the balloon crap.  It isn’t hard.  You don’t have to say you don’t like it with all that other stuff added in.  This is a business decision by the bears because they want to own their own stadium, which is totally reasonable.  The city has held them hostage over soldier field for years, and now I hope they are happy because it’s all theirs now. 

Is there any reporting on how the stadium will be financed?  If Chicago does renovate the current Soldier Field and puts a second team there, that would be interesting......or Jacksonville moving into Arlington as well.

2 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Is there any reporting on how the stadium will be financed?  If Chicago does renovate the current Soldier Field and puts a second team there, that would be interesting......or Jacksonville moving into Arlington as well.

I can't imagine a second Chicago team choosing to play at Soldier Field instead of the new stadium in Arlington.

16 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

But then he can't act like he wasn't trying to make a political statement.

7 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Nobody is going into the smallest stadium and out of date in the league without significant upgrades.  Plus I highly doubt the good ole boys club would allow someone to creep on the mccaskeys turf

bears are supposed to cover most financing with AH covering some because they want to be part of the entertainment district cash flow 

10 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

Nobody is going into the smallest stadium and out of date in the league without significant upgrades.  Plus I highly doubt the good ole boys club would allow someone to creep on the mccaskeys turf

bears are supposed to cover most financing with AH covering some because they want to be part of the entertainment district cash flow 

The Bears in Arlington will sell out.  NFL doesnt give a s%*# about optics they put two teams in LA that nobody wants,

If Chicago lines up Khan and the $2B renovation why wouldnt he move.

The Bears somehow ponying up a billion dollars seems out of character to me but maybe Virgina is assumed to sell but that appears to be a JR scenario.  The Bears are cheaper than the White Sox.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Harry Chappas said:

The Bears in Arlington will sell out.  NFL doesnt give a s%*# about optics they put two teams in LA that nobody wants,

If Chicago lines up Khan and the $2B renovation why wouldnt he move.

The Bears somehow ponying up a billion dollars seems out of character to me but maybe Virgina is assumed to sell but that appears to be a JR scenario.  The Bears are cheaper than the White Sox.

Literally the most overplayed incorrect meatball stuff in Chicago. 

• bmags locked this topic