2022-23 NFL Season thread

bmags

8 hours ago, soulfly said:

And more than the Bears have in over 35.  What's your point?

I think the point is that it’s amazing that Mahomes accomplished this much in such a short period of time, put up against his older contemporary who he is compared with often.  Wasn’t a dunk on GB, no need for a knee jerk but da bears 

I believe that neither the Chiefs nor the Bears win a Super Bowl in the last six years if the Bears had drafted Mahomes. Bears would have been better than what they were for sure but they didn't have the head coach and surrounding talent to win a championship that the Chiefs had.

11 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

I believe that neither the Chiefs nor the Bears win a Super Bowl in the last six years if the Bears had drafted Mahomes. Bears would have been better than what they were for sure but they didn't have the head coach and surrounding talent to win a championship that the Chiefs had.

https://dknation.draftkings.com/2023/2/12/23586782/nfl-free-agency-2023-chiefs-list-of-free-agents-juju-smith-schuster-carlos-dunlap-orlando-brown

The crazy thing is the changeover at the receiver position in the last couple of seasons.

This was supposed to be a rebuilding/retooling season where Buffalo overtook the Chiefs.

McKinnon and Hardmon are possible losses on the offensive side, but look at the impact Moore and Toney made on the game.

They're only going to get better, same with Pacheco...drafted in that same 7th round as Purdy.

Reid has always made things work on offense. What I’m blown away by is in year 10 of their constant competitive tenure, their offensive and defensive line is still this good and has this many impactful players.

And goes without saying, mahomes is incredible. Mahomes and Reid are unstoppable together. The guy who is one of the best off script qbs in the league also has an offense where 80% of the time he has a receiver he know will be schemed wide open immediately that he can throw it out to.

And when it all breaks down he can then scramble and throw for a 60 yard pass. 

Crazy good team.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

6 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

I think the point is that it’s amazing that Mahomes accomplished this much in such a short period of time, put up against his older contemporary who he is compared with often.  Wasn’t a dunk on GB, no need for a knee jerk but da bears 

Yes, Mahomes is awesome.  So is Rodgers.  No one is disputing that.  Well maybe it was originally shitting on Rodgers, hence why I asked in the first place.  But, da bears? 

37 minutes ago, bmags said:

I get like...fit and body and all that.

But Brown Jr just seemed to completely neutralize Sweat, while I saw McGlinchey get owned a few times in a game where they ran the ball like 100 times.

The lack of Eagles defense was stunning.  Totally bottled up 

7 hours ago, bmags said:

And goes without saying, mahomes is incredible. Mahomes and Reid are unstoppable together. The guy who is one of the best off script qbs in the league also has an offense where 80% of the time he has a receiver he know will be schemed wide open immediately that he can throw it out to.

And when it all breaks down he can then scramble and throw for a 60 yard pass. 

Crazy good team.

There are a lot of articles out there about how Mahomes had all the new acquisitions working out with him together in the off season in order to bond together...as well as how much Reid has helped to rebuild the confidence of unwanted guys like Toney with high potential in the right environment.

Mahomes himself has remarked numerous times how not having Hill to lock in on as his favorite target has forced him to become so much better at falling back to second, third and even fourth options on his reads.

In the near term, the massive contract for Chris Jones and the eventual decline of Kelce will be the biggest issues...but Mahomes has built in something like $31 million of payroll flexibility into his deal to help the team out, just like Brady agreed to with the Patriots.

Always thought the Chiefs had too many young defenders and too many injuries in the secondary to win this year, but they somehow made it work despite getting carved up on the first half.  Bolton was everywhere.  Jones didn't even make much of an impact after being sick most of the week.  Really thought they were cooked not going on 4th and 3 (Butker missed FG) then that huge scamper up the middle by Hurts on 4th and 5.

The fumble return for a TD and Eagles' coaches on both sides playing things too conservatively...as well as special teams breakdowns, turned out to be key.

That and the Eagles secondary having no solutions in the second half...both TD passes to Toney and Moore were nearly carbon copies that even Paul Konerko or Grandal could have scored on.   Never would have imagined Philly defense would be nullified like that by Chiefs' OL.

12 minutes ago, The Grinder said:

I was alright if Philly would have won, thats a tough gritty city

Im alright w KC winning, Im glad they honor our Native Americans

Balta won't like that one.

"The league should be embarrassed about an element of the game Sunday, but that would be the quality of the field, not the refereeing. Likewise, although the Eagles would have loved to have seen Bradberry get away with a holding call with the game on the line, they lost this game because they couldn't stop the run, they let Toney take a punt 65 yards to set up a touchdown, they handed the Chiefs a touchdown on a fumble recovery and they allowed the Chiefs to go 4-for-4 in the red zone. They also committed a penalty at exactly the wrong time, even if that penalty yielded an unsatisfying finish."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35649198/how-patrick-mahomes-chiefs-played-perfect-second-half-super-bowl-2023-nfl-win-jalen-hurts-eagles

Excellent X's and O's breakdown of the game, key plays and how Jalen Hurts is changing the NFL.

Very detailed.

Edited by caulfield12

"Lawyers for Bankman-Fried maintain the defendant did not use a VPN for any improper purpose.

"[O]ur client used the VPN to access an NFL Game Pass international subscription that he had previously purchased when he resided in the Bahamas, so that he could watch NFL playoff games," his lawyers wrote in a separate letter to Judge Kaplan."

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/prosecutors-raise-concerns-over-ftxs-sam-bankman-frieds-hidden-internet-access-122411999.html

• bmags locked this topic