2022-23 NFL Season thread

bmags

2 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

I’m fine with saying some of the other ones are off, but “don’t bet on your own sport” is one of the cardinal rules of professional sports. 

I’m fine with zero tolerance for gambling, but I can’t sit by & argue that someone making $1,500 in bets in favor of their own team should receive a penalty substantially worse than someone who actually uses PEDs to cheat, physically abuses a women or child, or risks exposing their immune-compromised coach to COVID by faking their vaccination status.  And I’m sure I’m in the minority here, but I find the NFL’s suspension structure to be a total sham and this is further proof of that.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I don't blame the Broncos. They have enough weapons that they can deal without those 2 1st rounders and 2 nd rounders.  

I actually think it's a no brainer deal for where they are and what the QB situation is in this draft. Their team is young and talented but you don't stay young and talented for long so they would be on the road to rebuild without any sort of QB sooner or later.

Mike Williams re-signed with the Chargers. 

Adams and Godwin Franchised. 

Gallup looks like he's going to return to Dallas if they're releasing Amari Cooper, and with the market the way it is they might not have to release him anymore. A trade may be possible.  

Cooper, Kirk and Chark may be the top WRs on the market, which sucks.

Edited by Jack Parkman

11 minutes ago, bmags said:

I actually think it's a no brainer deal for where they are and what the QB situation is in this draft. Their team is young and talented but you don't stay young and talented for long so they would be on the road to rebuild without any sort of QB sooner or later.

11 minutes ago, bmags said:

We are aligned - so much so that I'm quoting you twice :)

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Gallup looks like he's going to return to Dallas if they're releasing Amari Cooper. 

Cooper and Chark may be the top WRs on the market, which sucks. 

Yeah - not good news on this front; Combined with Ridley item and it really means the market is thin. Kirk, Cooper, Robinson - all have a much better shot at getting paid just due to the supply pinch.  

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Gallup looks like he's going to return to Dallas if they're releasing Amari Cooper. 

Cooper and Chark may be the top WRs on the market, which sucks. 

What about Kirk, OBJ, & JuJu?

19 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

What about Kirk, OBJ, & JuJu?

OBJ is re-signing with LA. Legit forgot about JuJu but added Kirk in an edit.

DK Metcalf is reportedly available via trade but the Bears can't afford that. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

48 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Wow. Wentz gets a third chance.

So far Wentz has cost 

To draft
2016 1st rd pick(8)
2016 3rd rd(77)
2017 1st rd
2018 2nd round 

Indy trade
2021 3rd rd 
2022 conditional 1st