2022-23 NFL Season thread

bmags

18 minutes ago, fathom said:

Just like Nagy, he peaked in the first half of his very first game with the Bears

Mack's biggest problem in his last few years was that he got pressures but not the sacks. He also played really good run D until last year.

5 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Poles has 2 2nd round picks now. I can see him trading the Bears pick and moving DOWN accumulating even more draft capital. The Bears need alot of talent in this draft. I love what he's doing so far.

Maybe they can get a 2024 7th rounder for Eddie Jackson now. There just has to be a team looking for a free safety who's never around the ball & tackles like shit right?

37 minutes ago, chw42 said:

The picks are in 2023...that's a lot worse than I thought.

Edit: only the 6th round pick is in 2023.

This was the right move - they needed to move Mack and everyone knows I've been on that bandwagon for a year now. That said - I thought they could have done better.  The 2023 pick being just a 6th rounder is weak. I would have thought they could have gotten a better '23 pick and more likely more like a 2nd, 4th, and future pick...but that said, I won't complain cause it is the right move and positions the team way better for the long-run.

Would also like to move Quinn to be honest.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

This was the right move - they needed to move Mack and everyone knows I've been on that bandwagon for a year now. That said - I thought they could have done better.  The 2023 pick being just a 6th rounder is weak. I would have thought they could have gotten a better '23 pick and more likely more like a 2nd, 4th, and future pick...but that said, I won't complain cause it is the right move and positions the team way better for the long-run.

Would also like to move Quinn to be honest.  

Considering Von got the Broncos more for just 8 games, I agree that they could have gotten more. 

24 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Yeah, there is no chance of the Bears doing anything big this year, and there are a lot better ways to spend $28.5 million next year.

I think you mis-read that; The Bears get even more cap space next year, but technically even with all that dead money, they actually get some cap relief even this year (relative to where they were).  This was huge deal from that front because it creates all kinds of future flexibility (even though talent wise it is a hurt) and it gives us more assets to focus on the offense/db.  

Just now, Chisoxfn said:

I think you mis-read that; The Bears get even more cap space next year, but technically even with all that dead money, they actually get some cap relief even this year (relative to where they were).  This was huge deal from that front because it creates all kinds of future flexibility (even though talent wise it is a hurt) and it gives us more assets to focus on the offense/db.  

They get 6 million this year, and 28.5 next.  For my two cents, I know the Bears aren't doing anything this year anyway, so that doesn't bother me that he is gone.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

You think Quinn is next? Montgomery? 

Quinn or Jackson, my guess is Quinn is going though. There’s no need to hold onto him unless they can’t get something for him. 

Edited by The Beast

1 minute ago, The Beast said:

Quinn or Jackson, my guess is Quinn is going though. There’s no need to hold onto him unless they can’t get something for him. 

I would also like to hold onto Monty, but also don't want them to make a large monetary investment into a RB, so who knows. 

9 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

They get 6 million this year, and 28.5 next.  For my two cents, I know the Bears aren't doing anything this year anyway, so that doesn't bother me that he is gone.

Yeah - that actually means after they make some other moves they will end up with around 40M in cap space this year - so they will do something this year (maybe not a day 1 big signing - although they could).  But they will even have crazier cap space next year. But I do think we see them likely sign a wideout + olineman for decent money.  

Maybe even trade for Amari Cooper or Metcalf as I think the cost for both of them would be cheap (if they can further find some ways to get some extra draft capital).  Cooper likely waived, but it might be you don't want to do a free for all and instead trade something really low for them.  

12 minutes ago, Tony said:

I would also like to hold onto Monty, but also don't want them to make a large monetary investment into a RB, so who knows. 

I would keep Monty, but don't believe in paying him big money so need to be balanced in that approach.  But Jackson if he has any value I would trade (and than maybe use one of those picks to acquire a wideout).  I don't think Jackson has value but what do I know.  Quinn I would hope could maybe get you a 2nd rounder (but maybe he won't).  Quinn doesn't have near as bad of a contract as Mack did (in terms of a team absorbing it).  

13 minutes ago, Tony said:

I wonder if he’s worth anything if he’s a UFA next year, maybe for a team looking to win. I’m not sure what he would bring back. My guess is he stays for at least this year.

13 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

You couldn't trade Jackson for a bag of deflated footballs. 

Yeah I take that back. Jackson stays, Quinn and Montgomery might be next to go. Not sure if Quinn can get moved with his dead cap money, similar to how Jackson would have the same issue.

• Kyyle23 changed the title to 2022 NFL Season thread
  • knightni changed the title to 2022-23 NFL Season thread
  • bmags locked this topic