2022-23 NFL Season thread

bmags

1 minute ago, Chisoxfn said:

Once they get Watson - they restructure his deal and can create a bunch of space. The hard work is getting the $35M free to start so they can take him - once they get him (as his contract is currently established) - than they can get creative and spread things into a more cap friendly deal which would give them space for Armstead (presumably).  

Yeah I suppose that's possible.  Hopefully the Falcons step up and get Watson. I don't know if Watson/Armstead are a package everywhere or just NOLA. 

As far as wide receiver goes. I want to want OBJ so bad. Landry makes sense. Grabbing a few mid teir guys like JuJu, MVS, Pringle, etc etc and a WR in the 2nd also makes sense.....Love the fact the Fields and Mooney are working out together and I think he could make a step. 

5 minutes ago, scs787 said:

Yeah I suppose that's possible.  Hopefully the Falcons step up and get Watson. I don't know if Watson/Armstead are a package everywhere or just NOLA. 

As far as wide receiver goes. I want to want OBJ so bad. Landry makes sense. Grabbing a few mid teir guys like JuJu, MVS, Pringle, etc etc and a WR in the 2nd also makes sense.....Love the fact the Fields and Mooney are working out together and I think he could make a step. 

I don’t think Armstead is package deal other places just that New Orleans probably pays him the big bucks if they land Watson and he probably likes the No relocation etc in that move (while staying on a team that should really contend). 

4 minutes ago, scs787 said:

La'el Collins just got released. Can he play LT? All I've read is he's left handed which makes him a natural LT like he played in college. 

I feel like RT should be a competition between Jenkins and Borum. 

I think there is a good chance one of hose moves to guard.

21 minutes ago, ptatc said:

I think there is a good chance one of hose moves to guard.

I tend to agree. I'm not quite sure why, but I think I'd be ok with giving Jenkins and Borum both starting jobs. Not sure id be ok with either at LT though, and that's why I wonder if Collins can play LT. 

Looks like people in Dallas think he can.

Collins-Whitehair-Patrick-Borum-Jenkins could be alright. Left side should be solid and the right side has potential.  Maybe add another highish pick that can play guard if neither Jenkins or Borum are that guy. 

Edited by scs787

4 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Cry Rodgers... cry.

Word is that Adams didn't want to come back. Packers apparently offered him the same deal he got with the Raiders and he wanted to go elsewhere. I wonder what the hell happened. I thought he and Rodgers were basically a package deal. 

So I think the Packers & Goodell should do a hidden cam prank on Rodgers and announce the first pick the Packers make as whatever best available QB is on the board.  Have a hidden cam following Rodgers (get his reaction)...than Goodell can go....sorry, correction, with the x pick in the 2022 draft, the Packers select wide receiver....

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

I can't argue this one. I don't know much about him but he was solid enough last year and Poles should be familiar. I presume $ will be small / reasonable and you need some players.  With that said - how is he 3 years in the NFL but 29 years old or something? Did he play in AFL or some other league for a long time or was he some super old collegiate player (or go on a mission / do service time in an academy)?  

I mentioned being down with Pringle at the top of this page. Think there's some upside there. On a team that has Hill and Kelce getting the volume of targets they got and also having other guys like Robinson and Harmon, its hard to put up big numbers. 

I think he has #2 potential.  If Mooney can take another step and they hit on an early draft pick, the WR room could be halfway decent.  

I think I might take a chance on Sammy Watkins now too. 

1 hour ago, Chisoxfn said:

Let me go on record for how horrific the Adams move was from the Raiders perspective and how fantastic it was from Packers perspective. 

I like it for the Raiders if they could move to the AFC South.  They are still probably the worst team in the division even with Adams.

• Kyyle23 changed the title to 2022 NFL Season thread
  • knightni changed the title to 2022-23 NFL Season thread
  • bmags locked this topic