2022-23 NFL Season thread

bmags

12 minutes ago, bigruss said:

I like both of the picks, they make sense.  Still so many holes though and there are some great guys on the board.

Yes I get it, but you are setting Fields up to fail if you keep passing on getting him some weapons and protection.  But I guess there are so many holes best player available should probably be in play.

• Like 2

I guess you can't really get mad at going BPA. Corner and safety were both big needs. I would have preferred they went the Xavier Rhodes route but Gordon is a legit 1st round talent. Brisker is a really solid versatile safety who is gonna be able to do a lot on the field. 

Secondary is gonna be legit. 

7 minutes ago, scs787 said:

I guess you can't really get mad at going BPA. Corner and safety were both big needs. I would have preferred they went the Xavier Rhodes route but Gordon is a legit 1st round talent. Brisker is a really solid versatile safety who is gonna be able to do a lot on the field. 

Secondary is gonna be legit. 

Nothing matters until we have a quality NFL QB.  That should be the priority, but unfortunately appeasing Eberflus appears to be.

45 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Nothing matters until we have a quality NFL QB.  That should be the priority, but unfortunately appeasing Eberflus appears to be.

Ehhhh I'll wait till the end off the off-season to complain. There's still a lot that can be done to give Fields all he needs to be a quality NFL QB. 

I like Velus but I thought you could get him later. Speed was a thing both Poles and Flus have talked about and boy does he have it. 4.31 40 time at the Combine. 

This feels like a "I'm gonna outsmart everyone pick" and I hope they are right. You can't teach speed. 

Between him and Mooney you have a TON of speed. This is gonna open things up for Kmet and Montgomery who I expect to play even bigger roles in the passing game. 

I am absolutely irate at the stupidity of this front office so far. I was patient for a while but now I am just annoyed. They could have got ahead of the FA market and traded for Cooper; they could have stocked up on some young wideouts to help their QB…instead they went defense…they could have spent some money in FA to help the line but they really didn’t. They did zero to help out their offense and a young QB who even if the front office has doubts…clearly has the tools to be a franchise QB. 

Poles better have something up his sleeve. I won’t knock the 2 picks but it is extremely disappointing how little they are doing to try and develop a franchise QB at this point. Like fuck the defense for once in this franchises history and just go all in on offense. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I will say - I don’t have a specific issue with any of the 3 players drafted though. And I kind of like the wideout - he has elite speed and while older, dude has great YAC / return skills as well. Get him in space and let him make plays. 

Go get another wideout and if they can I would be open to a move up for the last good 3t (Winfrey from OU).  

46 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I am absolutely irate at the stupidity of this front office so far. I was patient for a while but now I am just annoyed. They could have got ahead of the FA market and traded for Cooper; they could have stocked up on some young wideouts to help their QB…instead they went defense…they could have spent some money in FA to help the line but they really didn’t. They did zero to help out their offense and a young QB who even if the front office has doubts…clearly has the tools to be a franchise QB. 

Poles better have something up his sleeve. I won’t knock the 2 picks but it is extremely disappointing how little they are doing to try and develop a franchise QB at this point. Like fuck the defense for once in this franchises history and just go all in on offense. 

I don’t really know how you view this draft any other way than Poles not being a believer in Fields. Kind of seems like he is setting him up to fail.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tony said:

I don’t really know how you view this draft any other way than Poles not being a believer in Fields. Kind of seems like he is setting him up to fail.

Or he's committed to taking his best pick available which is what most GMs tend to preach. 

The Jones pick though....This kinda feels Pace-esque, but hopefully he's more right than Pace was.....Jones reminds me a lot of Mecole Hardmon. A guy projected to go much later that KC took in the 2nd round. Both were looked at as more of a return guy and both have elite speed (4.33 for Mecole and 4.31 for Velus.) 

So with that comp the Bears now have Pringle and their version of Hardmon. Now we just need Mooney to turn into Tyreke Hill. Lol. 

• Kyyle23 changed the title to 2022 NFL Season thread
  • knightni changed the title to 2022-23 NFL Season thread
  • bmags locked this topic