2022-23 NFL Season thread

bmags

51 minutes ago, bmags said:

honestly so did montgomery. Felt like both kept missing the holes and running right into their lineman. I still see zero reason to sign montgomery when the rb class looks like it does.

I think Herbert and Monty styles are very complimentary but yes - there is nothing special about Monty. He is a jag - just a guy…but good attitude etc so no issue for right money. 

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Opinion: He's out through the bye, but they're debating about whether or not to just shut him down. 

The OL blows, and they know it. 

If he's out, we're about to see just how bad this supporting cast is with Siemian at QB. 

2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

If he's out, we're about to see just how bad this supporting cast is with Siemian at QB. 

I assume they will hold him through the bye week and than have him play the final quarter of the season. With that said - if he can go you play him. This is the NFL and he still has a lot of learning and development to do. If nothing else - force a window where he has to just pass - even if it is ugly - force quick reads etc as a way to develop. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I assume they will hold him through the bye week and than have him play the final quarter of the season. With that said - if he can go you play him. This is the NFL and he still has a lot of learning and development to do. If nothing else - force a window where he has to just pass - even if it is ugly - force quick reads etc as a way to develop. 

I agree with this. If he's healthy he needs to play, every game this season is important for his growth as a QB for when this team is hopefully ready to compete, which can be as early as next season. 

• Like 1

Alright gang, what are our thoughts on Will Anderson in a 4-3? I'm going back and forth between him and Carter, but only because of fit. Anderson can be an absolute game wrecker if used properly. Do we think Flus and Williams can get creative enough and use him like Parsons? Is he big enough to just throw him at DE 50+ snaps a game? 

Carter might be the better fit for the scheme, but Anderson might be the better player....Not a ton of talent at DE in free agency either. Anderson and Payne vs Carter and Davenport or whoever might be something to consider as well. 

Another debate I continue to go back in forth in my mind about is Braxton Jones. I'd like to think he's doing a solid job with plenty of room to grow. Then the other side says, "Is that good enough." LT is undoubtedly the most important position on the line, so is solid with room to grow good enough at that position?

I get mixed reviews on Orlando Brown. I think he may be a little overrated and I'm not sure I'm willing to be the team that gives him big money. 

I'm down on the LT group in the draft. None of em sound like can't miss. I wouldn't be mad if they go thar route, especially if they think Jones would be even better on the right side, but man, Williams and Carter look like they can be all pro type game wreckers which this team desperately needs. 

13 hours ago, scs787 said:

Another debate I continue to go back in forth in my mind about is Braxton Jones. I'd like to think he's doing a solid job with plenty of room to grow. Then the other side says, "Is that good enough." LT is undoubtedly the most important position on the line, so is solid with room to grow good enough at that position?

I get mixed reviews on Orlando Brown. I think he may be a little overrated and I'm not sure I'm willing to be the team that gives him big money. 

I'm down on the LT group in the draft. None of em sound like can't miss. I wouldn't be mad if they go thar route, especially if they think Jones would be even better on the right side, but man, Williams and Carter look like they can be all pro type game wreckers which this team desperately needs. 

In free agency, Elgton Jenkins would be my choice. Getsy knows him well, and he played really well at LT last year before he got hurt. Very versatile. Who knows if he is ultimately available, but he’d be nice.

• knightni changed the title to 2022-23 NFL Season thread
  • bmags locked this topic