2022-23 NFL Season thread

bmags

29 minutes ago, bmags said:

I get the anger at the runs…I do. But fields is clearly not playing even below average

We either want to know he sucks or see something special. I don’t want someone in between that makes it hard. He keeps this up he is making it easy but I’d like to see a stellar 2nd half. 

Fields missing wide open guys even on designed role outs. It may be time to start questioning his overall ability to play the position, no touch at all on balls. This GM and coaching staff did not draft him and may move on if no improvement soon.

Edited by Soxfest

2 minutes ago, Soxfest said:

Fields missing wide open guys even on designed role outs. It may be time to start questioning his overall ability to play the position. This GM and coaching staff did not draft him and may move on if no improvement soon.

Couldn’t be less surprised 

• TLR 1

5 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

We either want to know he sucks or see something special. I don’t want someone in between that makes it hard. He keeps this up he is making it easy but I’d like to see a stellar 2nd half. 

I totally agree....and as we've seen him start to air it out a little bit...it's looking more and more like he has zero idea where the ball is going, and just isn't seeing the field. 

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

I totally agree....and as we've seen him start to air it out a little bit...it's looking more and more like he has zero idea where the ball is going, and just isn't seeing the field. 

I will say - I have never noticed bad accuracy so this seems more like a today thing - but consistently he hasn’t been able to play decisive and read the d and make plays on time. 

That isn’t unique to a rookie qb but that was always what he struggled with in college and thus far he doesn’t look any better. 

Today it is the usual from decision making - but his accuracy has been putrid. The pick he threw in first half was an easy 25 yard gain to Kmet. That pick to Mooney just now - horrendous throw but also horrible decision. 

I know this sounds goofy, but I don’t think it’s the end of the world if Fields ain’t it. It’s a totally different situation than Mitch. The whole idea with Mitch was the team was pretty much ready to go and in order to make the cap work, you needed a QB on a rookie deal to make everything “fit”

This team is obviously rebuilding and the new regime is figuring out who works and who doesn’t. If they decide Fields isn’t it, while it sucks having to spend more capital on ANOTHER QB, the timeline isn’t as impacted as it was with Mitch.

Yes, Fields working out would make everything so much easier, but different situation than Mitch 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tony said:

I know this sounds goofy, but I don’t think it’s the end of the world if Fields ain’t it. It’s a totally different situation than Mitch. The whole idea with Mitch was the team was pretty much ready to go and in order to make the cap work, you needed a QB on a rookie deal to make everything “fit”

This team is obviously rebuilding and the new regime is figuring out who works and who doesn’t. If they decide Fields isn’t it, while it sucks having to spend more capital on ANOTHER QB, the timeline isn’t as impacted as it was with Mitch.

Yes, Fields working out would make everything so much easier, but different situation than Mitch 

I think they need to know - in our out - we are in complete agreement here. And they are in full rebuilding mode anyway. Quite frankly Mitch wouldn’t have been as big of a deal either but they followed him up but giving away the farm for Mack which meant Mitch had to be the guy. 

And I still say - If fields somehow learns to play fast (you can just see he spends so much time thinking vs reacting) and he’ll break through. I am not betting whether it happens or doesn’t - but it should be real clear for the coaches to see whether he can get to that point or not this year. And the whole goal this year should be around giving him the opportunity to prove he is or isn’t the guy (don’t hide him to just delay the inevitable). 

• knightni changed the title to 2022-23 NFL Season thread
  • bmags locked this topic