Jump to content

2022 NFL Season thread


Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

Fields has been terrible but that sack isn't on him, dude went in untouched 

Every time they tried a trick play like that, the outside blocked(many times Kmet) got blown up and Fields turned around with a guy in his face 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, chw42 said:

Roquan had one hell of a game. Fields not able to do anything against a bad Texans defense is incredibly disappointing. 

Fields has been fucking horrendous.   Nothing in his play from this year or last suggests he is an NFL starter.  He was as bad as you’ll ever see an NFL QB today. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, whitesoxfan99 said:

Fields has been fucking horrendous.   Nothing in his play from this year or last suggests he is an NFL starter.  He was as bad as you’ll ever see an NFL QB today. 

I agree - I am starting him all year though. Either he makes major progress and shows it or you are moving away at the end of the year. Odds right now are moving away from him at end of the year but he has talent - his weaknesses are just glaring when it comes to decision speed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Chisoxfn said:

I agree - I am starting him all year though. Either he makes major progress and shows it or you are moving away at the end of the year. Odds right now are moving away from him at end of the year but he has talent - his weaknesses are just glaring when it comes to decision speed.

100%.  But youth is the only reason to even have any hope.  Other than the occasional nice run he has shown zero talent.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If Fields is a bust, the previous regime was a clusterfuck choosing QBs, odds have to be in our favor the current regime can't be that bad, right? Unless us Bears fans are destined to not ever have a top franchise QB, I mean I'm on the wrong side of 50 and the "best" Bears QB I've seen was Cutler, that's downright sad and pathetic.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Ken Dorsey just destroyed the coaching box in Miami when the Bills couldn't get a last minute spike executed to go for the winning field goal.

Saw that game was trash

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also kmet had a “breakout” game today…but every catch it seemed like he was near dropping it. That’s with him being wide open.

They win the game in a fashion that sucks…since it’s impossible to believe Fields is gonna be a good qb.

Hiwever, I agree with Tony. Damn am I glad the new regime didn’t stake everything on assuming fields was legit. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When I have other plans and can't watch the game live like I did today, I record it. Usually I will just delete the recording if they lost but watch it if they won. However, I checked out the box score and read the comments here and just hit the delete button. I don't need to watch that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CentralChamps21 said:

When I have other plans and can't watch the game live like I did today, I record it. Usually I will just delete the recording if they lost but watch it if they won. However, I checked out the box score and read the comments here and just hit the delete button. I don't need to watch that.

Boooooooooooooo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

Wonder if anyone is gonna care that Tua was allowed to come back after he took a head shot and was clearly concussed and stumbling all over 

The one saving grace is Tua looked horrible for 1.5 years+ and now hasn't looked that bad. Part of his issues were injuries but he also took some time, so I have to remind myself for someone who had it so easy because they could rely on pure athleticism and a good arm (as Fields could) that the learning curve was going to be steeper in the NFL where you can't just rely on that pure uncanny ability and this is forcing him to humble and truly develop.  

I kind of say the 1st quarter of the season is about him figuring things out and just playing - than the 2nd and 3rd quarters have to be about showing real strides and becoming a solid QB; Than final quarter of the season should reinforce those believes that you are / can be the guy to build around or...to show you aren't and than the Bears know that heading into '23.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, bmags said:

Also kmet had a “breakout” game today…but every catch it seemed like he was near dropping it. That’s with him being wide open.

They win the game in a fashion that sucks…since it’s impossible to believe Fields is gonna be a good qb.

Hiwever, I agree with Tony. Damn am I glad the new regime didn’t stake everything on assuming fields was legit. 

He would have had another 25-30 yards if Fields didn't airmail an interception when Kmet was wide open down the middle of the field.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

His legs will make up for a lot of slow decisions…but his accuracy is so alarmingly bad to me. Hopefully he overcomes it, but we are seeing wHy they don’t throw the ball too much right now. They are rebuilding, but they want to win.

I am throwing the accuracy out the window because this was about the first time I have seen him ever play like this (from an accuracy perspective). Mitch on the other hand was always missing guys open down the field - I don't feel like I have ever seen Fields have a game like today (from an accuracy perspective) so I don't want to hold that against him.

It really is all about the decision making to me - because he has shown he can make NFL throws and has the arm strength and speed.  What I haven't seen is someone who can just stack play after play together and at times take what the offense gives until you have that shot to go for the dagger and than use that to crush opponents.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

The one saving grace is Tua looked horrible for 1.5 years+ and now hasn't looked that bad. Part of his issues were injuries but he also took some time, so I have to remind myself for someone who had it so easy because they could rely on pure athleticism and a good arm (as Fields could) that the learning curve was going to be steeper in the NFL where you can't just rely on that pure uncanny ability and this is forcing him to humble and truly develop.  

I kind of say the 1st quarter of the season is about him figuring things out and just playing - than the 2nd and 3rd quarters have to be about showing real strides and becoming a solid QB; Than final quarter of the season should reinforce those believes that you are / can be the guy to build around or...to show you aren't and than the Bears know that heading into '23.  

Tua looked different though, more like a Davis Mills type before this. He was often throwing 30+ times. And it's just hard to see Fields throw 30 times if they tried, because in his pass heavy drives it's something like 2 passes and 1 run because he'll have been sacked once, one incomplete and one run.

To me tua was just "uninspiring", a guy who was a bit more like mitch in that he wouldn't punch it deep. 

To go back and elaborate on the me not being that mad at the run heavy approach. To me it's more damning on what we're learning from Fields, because the bears are largely keeping in him favorable passing situations and he looks like this. Like yeah when it's 3rd and 16 and he's trying to force it, bad. When it's 2nd and 6 and he immediately drops his eyes and tries to run around...

His numbers are still more like rookie Lamar Jackson except he is not rushing for 100 yards a game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, bmags said:

Tua looked different though, more like a Davis Mills type before this. He was often throwing 30+ times. And it's just hard to see Fields throw 30 times if they tried, because in his pass heavy drives it's something like 2 passes and 1 run because he'll have been sacked once, one incomplete and one run.

To me tua was just "uninspiring", a guy who was a bit more like mitch in that he wouldn't punch it deep. 

To go back and elaborate on the me not being that mad at the run heavy approach. To me it's more damning on what we're learning from Fields, because the bears are largely keeping in him favorable passing situations and he looks like this. Like yeah when it's 3rd and 16 and he's trying to force it, bad. When it's 2nd and 6 and he immediately drops his eyes and tries to run around...

His numbers are still more like rookie Lamar Jackson except he is not rushing for 100 yards a game.

Jalen Hurts is a guy that gives me some hope.  Was really bad as a passer in year 1 and is having a big year now in year 3 so far.  Of course he made a big jump from year 1 to 2, so far Fields looks just as bad, maybe even worse, than last year.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This isn’t excusing anything but nothing from the past three weeks would lead me to believe the Texans defense is actually bad. From the first three weeks it looks like the bears have faced three good defenses.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, bmags said:

This isn’t excusing anything but nothing from the past three weeks would lead me to believe the Texans defense is actually bad. From the first three weeks it looks like the bears have faced three good defenses.

Huge reach to suggest the Texans defense is good.  We will see but I would bet heavily on them being in the bad category this year.  The Colts moved the ball easily against them (and the Colts offense has looked like s%*# in their other 2 games) and the Broncos just suck on offense this year and still had 350 yards against the Texans.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, whitesoxfan99 said:

Huge reach to suggest the Texans defense is good.  We will see but I would bet heavily on them being in the bad category this year.  The Colts moved the ball easily against them (and the Colts offense has looked like s%*# in their other 2 games) and the Broncos just suck on offense this year and still had 350 yards against the Texans.  

The Broncos had 330 yards just passing on the seahawks, over 430 yards of offense in that game. They were bad vs. houston and bad vs. 49ers, who have a very good defense. 

Their run defense looks bad but their pass defense so far looks pretty good. The colts actually had receivers in that game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When do we start to think that Getsy isn't the guy? Dude came from Green Bay where Rodgers just kills it with shallow horizontal routes...I feel like you don't see that nearly enough here with Fields. Get the guy in a rhythm with slants and such, easy passes. With the run game and working the shallow cross, eventually things are gonna really open up over the top. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, scs787 said:

When do we start to think that Getsy isn't the guy? Dude came from Green Bay where Rodgers just kills it with shallow horizontal routes...I feel like you don't see that nearly enough here with Fields. Get the guy in a rhythm with slants and such, easy passes. With the run game and working the shallow cross, eventually things are gonna really open up over the top. 

I feel like maybe making guys play like rodgers by running short routes and slants is a bit simplistic 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...