War in Ukraine

caulfield12

I heard Putin is a genius. Bully. This all sickens me but it is not our neighborhood. Possibly Putin is having some mental health/ aging issues and he is clearly reckless. Did I hear Putin has some US media allies? I hope not. We should have a unified front.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

He is not a Leninist.  He wants the pre-1917 empire back.

His speech earlier this week was very explicitly anti-Leninist!

4 hours ago, Big Hurtin said:

Um

The reactors have been offline for over 20 years, but there's probably important electrical distribution infrastructure (substation) there. Controlling critical infrastructure can do a lot of damage.

2 hours ago, Big Hurtin said:

Damn 👏

A similar conversation was had between a Russian war boat and the Ukrainian war boat. Unfortunately, those Ukrainians lost their lives. 

Putin is a thug and I hope his army gets neutralized in this war. I don’t know if the U.S. and allies would consider providing air cover, but my guess is the Ukrainian army is going alone with the weapons that were provided or they already had.

Lastly, this statement is embarrassing. We should all be on Ukraine’s side if we believe in a democracy. I’m not surprised that he said it, but I do hope some in his party buck him on this.

"I went in yesterday, and there was a television screen, and I said, 'This is genius.' Putin declares a big portion of the Ukraine — of Ukraine — Putin declares it as independent. Oh, that's wonderful. I said, 'How smart is that?' And he's going to go in and be a peacekeeper."

The protests in Russia are great to see.  The only problem is that Putin isn't accountable to the people and doesn't really care what they think.  The only people that have a chance of swaying him is his good old boy network of billionaires.  Those protesters are brave as well, I saw there were more than 1600 arrests yesterday, I can't imagine they were treated well throughout the process.  

1 hour ago, turnin' two said:

The protests in Russia are great to see.  The only problem is that Putin isn't accountable to the people and doesn't really care what they think.  The only people that have a chance of swaying him is his good old boy network of billionaires.  Those protesters are brave as well, I saw there were more than 1600 arrests yesterday, I can't imagine they were treated well throughout the process.  

Those protesters have stones and serious courage.  

• Like 1

Lauren Witzke, the Delaware GOP's candidate for Senate in 2020, has nothing but praise for Putin and "his Christian nationalist nation": "I identify more with Putin's Christian values than I do with Joe Biden."

• Fire 1