Jump to content

Offseason Part 2 - Lets the Rumors & Action Begin


Chisoxfn
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I mean what’s he supposed to say? The dude is on the roster until he isn’t. He’s not going to say “well, yah…Kimbrel is gone fellas. Just a matter of time until Rick makes a deal.” Just not gonna happen. 

Hey Tony, even though Craig is standing 15 feet away from you do you expect him to be gone in the next week?

Ya man, get this bum out of my sight.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

I don't know if people just choose to be ignorant and not think things thru before posting.

Rhetorical question.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

hahahahahaha we told you. 

Enjoy the gascan, everyone. 

Kimbrel gets DFA in June. 

 

dude you need to stop man...Just step away from your phone and go take a walk or something...life is too short to live negativity the way you do 

  • Fire 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Rowand44 said:

Hey Tony, even though Craig is standing 15 feet away from you do you expect him to be gone in the next week?

Ya man, get this bum out of my sight.

I expected them to be non-committal. Something like "we'll see" or a non-answer answer. 

"Yes" sounds like  they can't move him. 

Everything coming out of Sox camp signals no major FA signings or trades. Maybe someone like Pineda or Smyly. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I expected them to be non-committal. Something like "we'll see" or a non-answer answer. 

"Yes" sounds like  they can't move him. 

Everything coming out of Sox camp signals no major FA signings or trades. Maybe someone like Pineda or Smyly. 

Yeah you don't say that about a guy making $16 million that you could be stuck with. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, beck72 said:

I’d like the Sox to pick up Kevin Kiermaier. Improve the OF defense and provide CF insurance for Robert injury. A Kimbrel swap with TB? 
 

 

That's a lot of money for someone whose best days are well behind him, injury-prone and lose his premium defensive value from days of past by playing him in RF instead of center.  Just hasn't been the same player for a couple of years now.

Then you've also managed to block Sheets and Vaughn from at~bats, which almost forces a trade for pitching or a 2B.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I expected them to be non-committal. Something like "we'll see" or a non-answer answer. 

"Yes" sounds like  they can't move him. 

Everything coming out of Sox camp signals no major FA signings or trades. Maybe someone like Pineda or Smyly. 

You have to stop taking what the GM and manager say as gospel.  These guys lie and lawyer speak to the media.  It’s what they do.

As almost everyone has said, we’re all going to be pissed off if they cheap out this off-season or if they did indeed misjudge the Kimbrel market(entirely possible) but you really need to stop overreacting to shit that Rick or TLR say, it means absolutely nothing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Rowand44 said:

You have to stop taking what the GM and manager say as gospel.  These guys lie and lawyer speak to the media.  It’s what they do.

As almost everyone has said, we’re all going to be pissed off if they cheap out this off-season or if they did indeed misjudge the Kimbrel market(entirely possible) but you really need to stop overreacting to shit that Rick or TLR say, it means absolutely nothing.

I'm more concerned about what Merkin and Steve Stone are saying. 

They're working overtime to temper expectations. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Rhetorical question.

If they are going to go into the year with Kimbrel...then let him close and give the job back to Hendriks after they deal him.  The problem is TLR wouldn't want to trade him if that tandem was working together the way they were supposed to last year at the deadline.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

I posted that twitter comment about kimbrel being on opening day roster just for the simple fact you cannot believe a damn thing that comes out of any of their mouths right now 

Unless you are Jack, who both believes it and will tell you they are lying.

Jack, Kimbrel is on the roster and probably in camp. You want Tony to fucking say, "nah, trade this fucker."

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

I'm more concerned about what Merkin and Steve Stone are saying. 

Why would they do anything else but undersell the possibility of big moves the fans are clamoring for?  Because the opposite approach won't exactly go over well with the Sox fanbase.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

If they are going to go into the year with Kimbrel...then let him close and give the job back to Hendriks after they deal him.  The problem is TLR wouldn't want to trade him if that tandem was working together the way they were supposed to last year at the deadline.

To be fair if the tandem worked how it was supposed to last year at the deadline no one would want him traded 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Quin said:

Unless you are Jack, who both believes it and will tell you they are lying.

Jack, Kimbrel is on the roster and probably in camp. You want Tony to fucking say, "nah, trade this fucker."

A comment where he doesn't actually answer the question isn't possible? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Quin said:

Unless you are Jack, who both believes it and will tell you they are lying.

Jack, Kimbrel is on the roster and probably in camp. You want Tony to fucking say, "nah, trade this fucker."

"I was right that it just wasn't going to be a smooth fit last year and now look forward to again proving our GM wrong again..."    TLR

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

A comment where he doesn't actually answer the question isn't possible? 

From the GM on down through the coaching staff is going to say the team is on the field….until it’s not. They aren’t going to insinuate that a certain player will not be there or not in their plans that is currently on their roster

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

To be fair if the tandem worked how it was supposed to last year at the deadline no one would want him traded 

Right.  You win the WS with that combo, they deal Kimbrel to open up payroll and nobody bats an eye.  By the looks of it, the Braves might even be willing to move on from Freddie Freeman despite $100 million in profits.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

That's a lot of money for someone whose best days are well behind him, injury-prone and lose his premium defensive value from days of past by playing him in RF instead of center.  Just hasn't been the same player for a couple of years now.

Then you've also managed to block Sheets and Vaughn from at~bats, which almost forces a trade for pitching or a 2B.

It’s one year. Having a LH option with Engel, Sheets and Vaughn means whoever is playing the best is getting the most playing time. 
 

Trading for more SP depth should be on the agenda. Like Montas. 
 

Adding McHugh or Tepera via free agency would solidify the bullpen.
 

I’m not totally against signing Conforto. But his market seems to have increased. Signing Conforto for 4, 5 years at $20 + mill also keeps the Sox from extending current guys. Not to mention blocking Colas or Cespedes.
 

If RF is still a problem at the deadline then the Sox can add then (when some minor leaguers value have upped their value). 

Edited by beck72
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...