Spring Training thread

Balta1701

13 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Curious if he addressed RF later in the interview.  The clip makes no mention, but I sure hope they have other plans.

This sounds to me like a PR ploy against agents.

"We're perfectly fine playing these guys in the OF if need be, no really we are" 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BigHurt3515 said:

This front office/ownership is so frustrating. We have a real chance on competing for a World Series and not just to get in the playoffs and our GM is just saying nonsense about starting a 1B in RF 

If you were dealing with Boras, wouldn't you want to make it seem like you are fine with Vaughn/Sheets in RF?  The other option is to sound desperate, where you keep increasing your offer to the delight of Boras.

7 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

This front office/ownership is so frustrating. We have a real chance on competing for a World Series and not just to get in the playoffs and our GM is just saying nonsense about starting a 1B in RF 

I don't disagree with the sentiment, but DVS linked those players to RF.  Hahn doesn't say anything about them playing the field in the clip.  He may have later, but we don't know for sure.  And we all should be familiar enough with Hahn-speak at this point not to read too much into the words coming out of his mouth.

6 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

If you were dealing with Boras, wouldn't you want to make it seem like you are fine with Vaughn/Sheets in RF?  The other option is to sound desperate, where you keep increasing your offer to the delight of Boras.

Or you could just recognize that this won’t be cheap and pay the price of admission like professionals.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

What would you be offering to Conforto right now if you were the GM?

Have you noticed how every time someone says “I wouldn’t go near that”, that’s pretty close to what a guy gets?

If you want to get this done, with this many teams interested and everyone with money under the tax, I would say you’re probably going to have to go above $100m, so 5/$110 with an opt out after 2.

Just now, Balta1701 said:

Have you noticed how every time someone says “I wouldn’t go near that”, that’s pretty close to what a guy gets?

If you want to get this done, with this many teams interested and everyone with money under the tax, I would say you’re probably going to have to go above $100m, so 5/$110 with an opt out after 2.

So would your initial offer be 5 for $110, with an opt out after year 2?