Spring Training thread

Balta1701

2 hours ago, wegner said:

My wife showed me a spring training hat earlier looking for bday ideas...I told her I don't like the mesh on the back of the hat.

Ouch Jake....get some aloe vera on that head.

I love the black cap with that old logo, but the mesh is a dealbreaker.  I hope they make a normal fitted version. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

God bless this.  A disturbing number of otherwise knowledgeable Sox fans still with the “Lou-WEE Ro-BEAR” nonsense (where did they get the idea that he’s a French aristocrat?)

Not to mention the number, including certain podcasters, who insist on calling Eloy "HIM-en-ez."

1 hour ago, Tnetennba said:

Well right. But considering the DH candidates already in the mix, what does this do to the Vaughn/Sheets/Eloy DH slots? Having a MLB competent #2 catcher would help too.
But I guess this will all work out in the Kimbrel + whoever trade. /s

29 minutes ago, FoxForce2 said:

Well right. But considering the DH candidates already in the mix, what does this do to the Vaughn/Sheets/Eloy DH slots? Having a MLB competent #2 catcher would help too.
But I guess this will all work out in the Kimbrel + whoever trade. /s

One of Eloy/Sheets/Vaughn/Abreu would get a day off any day he DHs. So if it happens to be a game against a tough lefty, Sheets sits for example.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

8 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

One of Eloy/Sheets/Vaughn/Abreu would get a day off any day he DHs. So if it happens to be a day against a tough lefty, Sheets sits for example.

So we're adding Abreu and Grandal to an already crowded DH set. It's not unexpected, but that's quite an ensemble. I would think Grandal would be the primary DH (50-60 games) in light of age and health. Is TLR really sharp enough to juggle this many butcher knives? Not many would be.

1 hour ago, FoxForce2 said:

So we're adding Abreu and Grandal to an already crowded DH set. It's not unexpected, but that's quite an ensemble. I would think Grandal would be the primary DH (50-60 games) in light of age and health. Is TLR really sharp enough to juggle this many butcher knives? Not many would be.

Grandal and Abreu should be rested more if you want to keep them healthy for the playoffs. Vaughn and SHeets needs 500 PA's a piece or enough to determine if they are helping the team . It's not like this is something unexpected. He'll be a part of it , that's all LaRussa said , as he should be, just not a primary part.

5 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Hey guys, did you know they have Statcast data for ST games this year? It's nice. 

Real Gameday too. 

I'm watching now. Valsquez pitched a perfect 1st . In the 2nd he gave up 3 straight singles to load the bases to start the 2nd . He then got a K , a force at home on a ground ball to Burger at third and then a fly out to end the inning without a run.