Offseason Part 3 - Because Part 2 Was a Dud

CentralChamps21

3 minutes ago, flavum said:

Good call. Melancon is gone. Wil Myers?

This would have made sense had they signed Suzuki.

They have Suarez, Pagan and Pomeranz to close.

Outfield lost Pham, so the third starter out there would be Profar atm, or Hassell, then Grisham and Myers.

Just now, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

barf

1 minute ago, Perfect Vision said:

FWIW, this guy said earlier the trade was a "bad contract for a bad contract" and the team was a west coast team.  So....say hello to your new right fielder Wil Myers or Justin Upton.

This is 100% a KW wet dream. WE GOT OUR GUY!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Sockin said:

I know one of the guys who run that account and they’re thinking a Kimbrel for Bellinger swap. I don’t think they have any legit sources though.

I‘ll believe it when I see it, but if Hahn manages to get Bellinger for Kimbrel(even if it means eating his entire salary), I will found the church of Rick Hahn first thing tomorrow.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

I’d be all for Bellinger. It’s risky, but I’d rather have him than Kimbrel. Haniger would be a dream but that makes zero sense for SEA.

They would have to have a ton of belief in all their young outfielders producing and staying healthy…doesn’t make sense, although thry do have Winker, Kyle Lewis and Harold’s favorite Wisconsin kid, not to mention Taylor Trammell.  I would think Haniger would get some time at DG as well, plus they got Seager off the books finally.

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

Well, sockin literally told us what they’re referring to.  I don’t buy it though unless the Sox include prospects galore also.

I hadn’t gotten that far when I made the post and was just guessing who could fit the bill.  To be honest, Kimbrel for Bellinger seems so ridiculously one sided that I didn’t even fathom it being an option.

5 minutes ago, Perfect Vision said:

FWIW, this guy said earlier the trade was a "bad contract for a bad contract" and the team was a west coast team.  So....say hello to your new right fielder Wil Myers or Justin Upton.

I thought someone said they heard the guy was referring to Bellinger?

Which is it?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Good thing we did this.  Conforto was waiting to sign until we made a new thread.

Little did we know that Conforto is actually texting Liam Hendriks asking how many pages we have on his thread, came away disappointed that he doesn’t have his own thread. That’s probably the main reason he hasn’t signed.

• Like 2

Just now, thxfrthmmrs said:

Little did we know that Conforto is actually texting Liam Hendriks asking how many pages we have on his thread, came away disappointed that he doesn’t have his own thread. That’s probably the main reason he hasn’t signed.

If nothing else, there are no Hector rumors to generate mass hysteria like the Manny thread/s.

1 minute ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Meyers has 2/40 left on his deal (far worse than Kimbrel's)... Can we also be getting a prospect/player back as well? if he is it? hmmm

I want Hassel if the Padres dump that contract on us 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Perfect Vision said:

If we picked up Kimbrel’s option to flip him a bad contract then Hahn should relieved of his duties before Jerry can approve the trade.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• Quin locked this topic