Offseason Part 3 - Because Part 2 Was a Dud

CentralChamps21

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Sure, we can have Taylor Trammell if you can manage to fix his offensive game.  Defense is stellar, at least.

Julio Rodriquez is the future at RF, Kyle Lewis, Kelenic, Haniger, Winker, maybe they're willing to deal Lewis.

Just now, chw42 said:

You can't seriously say what we've done so far this off-season and think they executed the plan they laid out when the off-season started.

No but you said that the FO incompetence will never surprise you.

If they are that it competent that can't possibly have a good team 

Or is it just being dramatic about this off season

Just now, JoeCredeYes said:

Julio Rodriquez is the future at RF, Kyle Lewis, Kelenic, Haniger, Winker, maybe they're willing to deal Lewis.

Winker probably DHs for them. Haniger definitely still has a spot on that team, but I doubt he re-signs with them in the off-season. 

1 minute ago, fathom said:

My personal opinion is there is some smoke to this with a west coast team.  If it’s Padres, they have a million catchers so that could make sense.

Padres do nothing for our LH RF need. 

It also opens FO to severe PR blowback again if SD then signs Conforto after sending sending their high priced crap OF. 

They aren't going to deal with SD unless it's super favorable and it isnt super favorable 

Just now, SoCalChiSox said:

It also opens FO to severe PR blowback again if SD then signs Conforto after sending sending their high priced crap OF. 

They aren't going to deal with SD unless it's super favorable and it isnt super favorable 

If they’re not planning on going after Conforto, then they can’t let them impact their decision. 

4 minutes ago, turnin' two said:

Having Kiermaier, Robert and Engel would be the best defensive OF ever.  Holy cow.

My sister who used to live in Tampa but has moved back would be ecstatic if kiermaier came to the Southside. Our season tickets are in left center. She could almost touch him.

11 minutes ago, beautox said:

if i were to guess

Kimbrel for Bellinger (26)down year -.8 fWAR, similar price tag at 17M with one more year of control, left handed OF/1B
Kimbrel for Hanniger (31) 1 year of control right handed older and coming off injury horrid defender 
Kimbrel for Wil Myers(31) 1 year of control right handed with an option bad defense as well

Bellinger won't be a free agent until 2024.

Just now, Dick Allen said:

How much longer will KW and RH be able to resist Billy Hamilton?

He’s not a bad fit on a minor league contract and I’d expect someone like him signed before camp is over. They need a backup when someone in the OF gets hurt and there’s no one reliable at AAA.

2 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Do you honestly think a PR blowback about Conforto going to SD is at the top of their concerns?

Just now, fathom said:

If they’re not planning on going after Conforto, then they can’t let them impact their decision. 

This team is very sensitive to criticism and know they got hammered the last several times they dealt with Preller.

Can u imagine the PR nightmare that would ensue if we took their crap and they signed Conforto after Machado and after He Who Shall Not Ride Bikes.

I'm confident that someone in the FO can see this hurricane coming. 

Just now, ptatc said:

No but you said that the FO incompetence will never surprise you.

If they are that it competent that can't possibly have a good team 

Or is it just being dramatic about this off season

This has been gone over numerous times on this board. This FO isn't bad at developing young talent and then signing them to team friendly deals. They deserve credit for that. This FO is terrible at evaluating veteran ML talent and valuing them correctly in trades and free agency. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

• Quin locked this topic